FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fire extinguisher install

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
    No car should be without one. I’ve seen my fair share of late model vehicles burning on the side of the road.Fire extinguishers are cheap and readily available.
    I got one from Walmart for about $25. It replaced my previous one from 1988(!). Right now, it's sitting under the cargo net, but it did come with a mounting bracket; not sure if
    I should try and screw it in somewhere.

Also, I strongly urge people to check your fuel pump and accumulator lines. Although there's less danger of fire from those (I think!), they can be very aged, and will leave you stranded if they rupture. Less than $30 in parts to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    I got one from Walmart for about $25. It replaced my previous one from 1988(!). Right now, it's sitting under the cargo net, but it did come with a mounting bracket; not sure if
    I should try and screw it in somewhere.

Also, I strongly urge people to check your fuel pump and accumulator lines. Although there's less danger of fire from those (I think!), they can be very aged, and will leave you stranded if they rupture. Less than $30 in parts to do.
    Yes, that’s a very good point.

As far as mounting the extinguisher I attached the mounting bracket to the wood ECU cover behind the driver seat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2