FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Drayron sequential taillights and wings a loft

Drayron sequential taillights and wings a loft

Quick video of the sequential taillight action when locking and unlocking the doors. I held off on the drayron boards for a while, thinking they were too expensive. When you hold the boards in your hands and see them working the cost is justified. They are super high quality, and the customer service cannot be beat. Instead of having the driving lights flash, I split the wire that was running to the driving lights lead under the fuse box. A diode was soldered to each of these wires and they are spliced to the leads going to each signal wire in the relay compartment, to have the the directionals flash when remote locking and unlocking. (One green with a white stripe and one green with a red stripe. You can check the taillight plug at the board for a visual on what wires you're looking for in the relay compartment. There are different shades of green striped wires.
    https://youtube.com/shorts/oWPZ-gqjoxU?feature=share

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I love my Drayron lights, worth the price. Like you said the customer service is second to none. Ron and Ray are both great to deal with. Ive had mine for about a year now. They even survived a rear end collision (your mileage may vary LOL)

I like how you tied the flashers into the keyless entry, I want to do this as well!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw4g1hdsofQ

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    05457

Great idea! I have these boards and Wings-a-Loft as well and would love to do this mod. One of the few times I'd actually see the sequential lights going during normal use.
    David Proehl

Quote Originally Posted by DavidProehl View Post
    Great idea! I have these boards and Wings-a-Loft as well and would love to do this mod. One of the few times I'd actually see the sequential lights going during normal use.
    I have plenty of the diodes. HMU if you want a set. No charge

My VIN:    05457

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    I have plenty of the diodes. HMU if you want a set. No charge
    Thanks! PM sent.
    David Proehl

We have had several owners express interest, so I want to thank L3V3L1 for providing the video along with some helpful info for those that would like to connect the Wings Aloft to the DRAYRON sequencer boards. Below I have provided a schematic showing the required connection. The change turns out to be fairly straightforward. Normally the Wings Aloft flash contact goes to the Red/Green wire under the fuse box allowing the module to flash the running lights. To switch to the sequencers, remove this connection and instead connect to the taillight Directional Indicator (DI) circuits. The Green/White wire is the DI for the right taillight and the Green/Red is the left DI. Diodes must be used in both of these connections to prevent feedback. L3V3L1 has confirmed that the DI circuits pass thru the relay compartment so all of the connections are conveniently done there. Heed his warning and make sure you get the correct wires. It's easy to mistake the color combinations. Use 10 Amp diodes with a voltage rating of at least 200. If you have any questions please feel free to send me a PM.

Sincerely,
    Ron Anderson
    DRAYRON

Wings Aloft connection to DRAYRON schematic.JPG

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Drayron Tail Light Boards are awesome!

I am also a very happy user of the Drayron Tail Light Boards with ten new LED lights.
    It is required to use the Flasher Relay that comes with the Drayron Tail Light Boards.
    The light output is considerably better than the original stock incandescent bulbs.
    It is one of the best purchases I have made in the twenty-two years I have owned VIN 02261. Well, that and the LED Headlights I also picked up from DeLorean Parts Northwest.
    From the great DeLorean Motor Company warehouse of parts at web site www.classicdmc.com I purchased the two Front Turn Signal (Yellow-LED) lights for the front amber lenses and they work great with the Drayron supplied Flasher Relay.

Front Turn Signal (Yellow-LED)
    Part Number: SP11065A
    Attached Images
    Last edited by outatym2001; 11-06-2023 at 02:39 AM.
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.