FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DMC 40th Anniversary Collection | Vin: SCEDT26T2BD004705

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

In addition, the DeLorean ‘The Start of it All’ (1981) NFT will come with a spot on the DeLorean waiting list for the hotly rumored but not confirmed, impossibly possible DeLorean redux.
    Sounds like I'm buying a spot in line to possibly buy a car that will most likely never be made.

If you guys were to ever sack up and actually make what you have been teasing for the past decade, I seriously doubt I will need a "spot in line" to buy one as you would rip the arm off anyone with a check in their hand that comes within 20' of you.
    Last edited by Michael; 06-26-2021 at 04:07 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    2706

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Sounds like I'm buying a spot in line to possibly buy a car that will most likely never be made.

If you guys were to ever sack up and actually make what you have been teasing for the past decade, I seriously doubt I will need a "spot in line" to buy one as you would rip the arm off anyone with a check in their hand that comes within 20' of you.
    What he said ^^^ it's laughable. Nft give me a break. You can keep it. The marketing skeems at this point are just sad

Quote Originally Posted by 14E10F View Post
    I am currently bidding on a few listings and want to make sure this resonates with a core audience as this would be an investment for me.
    Sounds like an odd decision. If I were bidding on an item, the LAST thing I would do is try to attract more bidders to outbid me.

Quote Originally Posted by powerline84 View Post
    What he said ^^^ it's laughable. Nft give me a break. You can keep it. The marketing skeems at this point are just sad
    This!
    So I goggled NFT. Sounds like a way for some people to get rich at the expense of others. I suppose that is always the case, but this is just more shady.

I guess we will see when the auctions end later tonight. Not one has made reserve however I suspect the shill bids made by the OP are just shy of that number.

Looks like DMC didn't like the numbers and decided to push the auction end another day. Is it really an auction with an adjustable deadline?

From what I can see, there are only a handful of bidders with most NFT's not selling and the few that sell going to an even smaller number of winners (like 3 or 4 people).

The big dog DeLorean physical car has not met reserve BUT here is my honest question.

With crypto prices as volatile as they are, what happens if Ethereum gains say 35-40% from the time the bid has been placed to the end of the auction? Will the bidder have any recourse in the effect that the $50k bid he placed 3 days ago is now valued at $70k and maybe he doesn't want to pay 70k? What about the reserve? Is it in dollars or Ethereum? If it's the latter, what happens if the bottom falls out of crypto market and the reserve was met at say 25 Ethereum tokens and the day of the auction ending Ethereum is worth not $2k per token but 700 bucks per token. Will DMC honor their auction parameters and sell a delorean well well below their bottom dollar?

Also...if I place a bid in good faith knowing an end date and time for an auction...am I still obligated to honor that bid if the seller keeps pushing back the end time till the crypto value rises to his liking? From what little I understand, the money, once sent goes into a escrow type hold. What escrow? Who decides any disputes?
    Last edited by Michael; 06-29-2021 at 10:55 AM.

My VIN:    4665

Anyone know what happened with the auction? What price it landed at?

Odd that the site doesn't appear to display these.

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    Anyone know what happened with the auction? What price it landed at?

Odd that the site doesn't appear to display these.
    As far as I can tell it didn't meet reserve despite the shill bidders best efforts.

My VIN:    4665

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    As far as I can tell it didn't meet reserve despite the shill bidders best efforts.
    Thanks Michael.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2