FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Those that have DPI Exhaust - wiring question

Those that have DPI Exhaust - wiring question

For those of you that have installed DPI's exhaust system (phenomenal, by the way), how did you reroute your wires for the starter and battery wire to the starter? The way I have it, the battery comes in from the back, the wire from the alternator and the switch wire for the starter go between the middle and back (towards the rear window) header pipes and I have fiberglass with an aluminum outer shell heat shield for the wires.

I just wanted to see if anyone else has it the same way or a better way.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

I have the DPI exhaust, but the PO had DPI do it. But I can take some pictures later if that helps.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Older pictures of a Gen 2 system but the header fitment is the same with harness orientation.exhaust (1).jpgexhaust (2).jpgexhaust (3).jpg
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Older pictures of a Gen 2 system but the header fitment is the same with harness orientation.exhaust (1).jpgexhaust (2).jpgexhaust (3).jpg

So, to confirm I am seeing it correctly in your pictures:

- The alternator wire and the switched wires goes towards the oil filter and around it straight back to the starter.

- The jump post and battery cable goes out towards the back.

- None of the wires goes between the header pipes.

Looks like I will be rerouting wires again. lol

Thank, Josh!

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    I have the DPI exhaust, but the PO had DPI do it. But I can take some pictures later if that helps.
    That would help if it's any different then what Josh at DPI just posted. I am going to assume not since they installed it on your car.

Thanks!

How about the oxygen sensor? Does that need to be lengthened to reach? Can the starter/alternator be removed without issue with this exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    How about the oxygen sensor? Does that need to be lengthened to reach? Can the starter/alternator be removed without issue with this exhaust?
    - If it's the Eagle premiere starter, that comes out easily by unbolting it, turning it a bit and pulling it out towards the transmission. Installing would be reverse. I just did this with the new exhaust (starter failed after I installed the exhaust) and it took me 5 minutes. If it's the original one, you'll need to remove the oil filter as you would have to do now and to make things even easier, remove the passenger side exhaust manifold.

- Alternator, plenty of room to work on and remove, especially with the GEN3 exhaust where it does not use any of the mount brackets like the OEM and no need to have the heat shield since it's built into the muffler casing.

- O2 sensor, the wire is short, for now I just pulled the excess blue wire from the pontoon where the O2 sensor connects to outwards and it's been fine.