FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Advice on pricing?

My VIN:    Coming, hopefully!

Quote Originally Posted by Riley88 View Post
    Bud these are DeLoreans/ a "mint" car was one that the owner has fixed all the issues. Out of the factory these cars were imperfect. You probably have this idea of what you want the car to be in your head like many do. It can be attained, but you will have to make it that way or find a rare one that fits what youa re looking for. Irregularities int he grain is VERY common. Can it be fixed? yes by tedious work which many dont have the time for. Its a slow mountain to climb.
    Thanks Riley! Appreciate

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Good luck in your quest to find the right DeLorean for you.

Not sure whether you know about this reference book by James Espey that's aimed at buyers new to the car who want to know what to look for and how to shop for one.

The Illustrated Guide to DeLorean Automobiles
    is very useful.

At this point you seem to be in the 'Beginning Your Search' section that's on pages 7-9 or perhaps a bit beyond. Further on it explains what can be done in terms of stainless repairs. Nothing you haven't already seen on that topic in this thread already.

Happy hunting.
    Thank you, Rich, those are valuable books, I can tell. Appreciate your kindness.

Have you considered buying a car available from one of the DMC vendors, then working with them to turn it into your dream car?

Quote Originally Posted by dmcerik View Post
    Have you considered buying a car available from one of the DMC vendors, then working with them to turn it into your dream car?
    Hi Erik! I did briefly, but pretty confident they buy up beater cars and bring them back to decent condition. Rather have a car thats been obviously well cared for. Thanks for the suggestion!

Congrats on cracking 100k, btw!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4