FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Car is running a little hot

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    ...I was wondering why you were saying to set the fan to level 4..So I looked at the Owners Manual and saw something I never noticed anyone mentioning before:

"Fan Speed Control (2)
    This knob is used to vary speed of air flow fan. Operative only when Heater/Air conditioner selector (3) is at off."
    Hey Ron, I'm very clear on the cooling system operation, but I'm not clear on this at all. What exactly are they saying here? Is the "air flow fan" the interior fan?

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Hey Ron, I'm very clear on the cooling system operation, but I'm not clear on this at all. What exactly are they saying here? Is the "air flow fan" the interior fan?
    Yep, "(2)", below:

DMC=CENTER INSTRUMENT PANEL COMTROLS.jpg

FWIW- There is a searchable PDF Owners Manual in the Resources section HERE.

Now I understand what you are saying. They screwed up. Did you find out why he sets it to 4?

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Oh, Ron. Now you know why I like precision.

Anyway, shorted the otterstat, and fans run. Although it does sound a bit like something is bouncing around in one, although it's not really something you'd hear when driving. Problem for another time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Now I understand what you are saying. They screwed up. Did you find out why he sets it to 4?
    Not really. Since he said he hadn't really dug into it, I guessed that he may have been thniking "Max" or ??. About that time the wife decided it was time for me to get back to painting, so....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5