FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: VIN 4300, the 24k gold plated Delorean at Hillsborough Concours.

DeLorean Historian / Administrator Tamir A.'s Avatar

My VIN:    11474

I just happened to be visiting some friends last weekend nearby and attended this show. Was nice to meet Rich and his award winning DeLorean and was a surprise to see the Gold D had taken a trek down to this car show. I had seen this car 15-20 years ago in Reno and do admire the brown interior vs the black interior in the Gold D at the Petersen Museum. Here are a few pics, including a close up of the damage to the drivers side door from an arson fire at the museum not that long ago. Apparently it is transfer from the burning silver metal sprinkler metal that landed on the car, bad luck for the Gold D.

IMG_3325.jpgIMG_3324.jpgIMG_3326.jpgIMG_3333.jpg
    Fan of all things DeLorean!

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

OUCH!

...glad you posted the pic of the interior -- Didn't think I would like it better than black before.

My VIN:    10644

Rich, is that your car parked next to 4300? That's probably the closest it's been to another DeLorean in 40 years!
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Rich, is that your car parked next to 4300? That's probably the closest it's been to another DeLorean in 40 years!
    Hey, Christian!

Good point there about 4300 not seeing its siblings for a while.

Yes, Tamir was kind enough to mention me and 0934 in his post today - that's it in his 2-D photo. Our D competed - and took an award - in Class W, Rare & Arcane, not too far from 4300's primo spot.

I'm still putting together solo photos of each car plus more shots of the impromptu postgame stainless-on-gold car comparo.

Getting the two cars together was fellow NCDMC buddy Ronnie D.'s brilliant idea (he left his D home in favor of entering his T-Bird which also took a class award). It was icing on the concours cake.

Look for a posting and more show info soon.

Here's a teaser photo of 4300 + 0934 - that's our daughter standing behind our car with National Auto. Museum director, Jay next to her.

March '81, 5-speed, black interior

The stance is better on your car.

My VIN:    10644

Come to think of it, the ONLY time I’ve seen a gold car near a stainless one was when the BTTF “A” car rolled past 4301 in the Petersen vault. This is pretty legendary.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    02855

Thanks for the pics Chris and Rich!

Bummer I missed the show this year and this special appearance! (Tamir- you too!)

oh well it was not in the cards this year.

And for those that are curious...I was going to enter the Mongoose Delorean in this show as well but was denied by the organizers for being too modified from stock. Justified, but I think really they just didnt know what class to put me in!

Sure would of been cool to have Rich's original car, the Good car and the mongoose all there. oh well!

Certified Stainless!! Chris Burns's Avatar

My VIN:    Getting closer and closer...

Club(s):   (DCF)

Love this pic
    Attached Images

My VIN:    5312

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Hey, Christian!

Good point there about 4300 not seeing its siblings for a while.

Yes, Tamir was kind enough to mention me and 0934 in his post today - that's it in his 2-D photo. Our D competed - and took an award - in Class W, Rare & Arcane, not too far from 4300's primo spot.

I'm still putting together solo photos of each car plus more shots of the impromptu postgame stainless-on-gold car comparo.

Getting the two cars together was fellow NCDMC buddy Ronnie D.'s brilliant idea (he left his D home in favor of entering his T-Bird which also took a class award). It was icing on the concours cake.

Look for a posting and more show info soon.

Here's a teaser photo of 4300 + 0934 - that's our daughter standing behind our car with National Auto. Museum director, Jay next to her.

This is now officially my favorite DeLorean photo of all time. Hot damn@!
    - OCT81 DeLorean DMC-12 Vin 5312 "DeLores"
    - 1978 Lotus Esprit S2 "Problem Child"
    - 1995 Mazda Miata Turbo "Happy Daily Driver"

I repair Lotus's with DeLorean parts

My VIN:    0934

Hillsborough photo album - 4300 Gold & 0934 SS

Here's a collection of the photos of 4300 and (our) 0934 that I captured during the Hillsborough show 2 weeks ago.

In roughly chronological order you see the two cars on the show field in their display positions, then 0934's award run past 4300 followed by a photo shoot of the pair together after the concours field cleared (extra credit for finding Tamir and his buddy chatting with our daughter and the show's Registrar in the background of one of the pairing shots).

Thanks again go to Jay for sharing his museum's well-preserved Gold DeLorean with a few thousand admirers as well as to fellow owner and NCDMC member Ronnie for the 'pairing' inspiration.

What a day it was!

The Field:

The award fly-by:

The Pair:

March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast