Quote Originally Posted by JBaker4981 View Post
Man, I really wouldnt beat around the bush with the gas cap. Just replace it. My old one looked perfectly fine but the slightest imperfection will result in fuel vapors being released.

For the AC Box, there is a drain that goes through the chassis from behind the center console that drains out water. This has known to become clogged easily as it is a very poor design. Once this drain is clogged, it will eventually back up to the point where your entire AC box will be leaking onto your passengers feet in addition to your passenger floorboard. So with that said, unless you constantly have water in the floorboard, dont worry about the AC Box.
Did you just buy a cap at the zone? I think mine is OEM and I'd kind of like to keep it that way. Probably will order a new cap next time I order fro DMC.

I'm aware of the drain tube. I had to fix it and clear it allready. I did use some bleach, but I don't think it could be in there now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Are you saying that it is definitely coming from the AC vents?
Yes, both times I had the fans on full blast and the smell was almost immediate after braking.

Quote Originally Posted by CFI View Post
The hot start problem is caused by fuel vaporizing in the lines after the engine has been shut off. This takes some time to accomplish. Generally speaking a hot start issue shows up 1-3 hours after engine shutdown.
Interesting, on aircraft engines we have hot start issues too. On them, it seems like if you start it in five minutes, no problem. If you wait fifteen minutes, sometimes it's a big problem. Of course that's how long the fuel guys always take at the airport. If you wait 30-40 minutes, no problem. A lot of airports have battery carts just for such issues. (It easy to kill a aircraft battery.)