FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Engine dies if I "stab" the pedal or press the air plate.

My VIN:    1597

I get so many robo calls I rarely answer but did get a dead 706 number 20 minutes ago.
    Started the car and can hold a rev at any level. It is just that first initial throttle so I have to feed it gas like a clutch. Going to try later and pull the plugs and see what they look like. Boche plat iirc. Until it cools just going to go over the essentials that don't require taking a bunch of stuff apart. Later
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

My VIN:    1597

Solved or at least found a issue which appears to have cleared up the hard starting, inability to accelerate without killing the engine.

I had a SS braided wire that runs from the dist to the coil. After a week of gas spark grounds vacuum I stepped back. Later I started the car and saw a bright white arc jumping from the top of the stock Bosch coil to the pass side post, the post with 2 wires iirc.
    The end of the ss wire has a rubber collar that had slid back approx 1/2 inch which I push back up and over the "head" that snaps into the coil.
    Car instantly started, very nice strong idle and revs up smoothly and backs off with no report or grumble.

Get rid of it if you have one. Looks great but those electrically inclined say it is a horrible idea.

Pretty sure per my records it was a Special T aftermarket and put on 10 years ago with one previous and forgot issue it cause shortly after install remedied by zipping it securely away from nearby metal parts. Pic shows it along the back to the coil. Pic of the coil uncovered available if wanted.
    Attached Images
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2