FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Things unique to the Delorean a "regular" mechanic needs to know.

My VIN:    1597

Or Dave if you ever come by this way you can take the car and it's yours. She will have a full tank, a few boxes with enough spares to build another car, carte blanche to order what you need. A week, a month or winter. Zero rush when to do this and zero rush for whatever we decide to do to her. Love Greenville and if you haven't visit Biltmore Gardens if you want to see extravagance. This really takes a much needed load off my shoulders at a crucial time. Thanks Dave.

Also on the bottom of my earlier post is a partial listing of the things done to the car, most 10 years ago.
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Or Dave if you ever come by this way you can take the car and it's yours. ---

Also on the bottom of my earlier post is a partial listing of the things done to the car, most 10 years ago.
    Like I said we'll be back in a couple of weeks. Yes, we moved across the country and 6 weeks later we are driving in Germany/Austria/Italy with our kids. I'll ping you here when I get back. Not ready to open up a shop but I've about caught up with the move-in projects and may be looking for some new challenges. It would really be cool if you could line up a friend with a garage lift! Not ready to bring a car back here yet, still looking in to adding some shop space for stuff like that.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

Quote Originally Posted by JIMJAM View Post
    Love Greenville and if you haven't visit Biltmore Gardens if you want to see extravagance.
    Funny to read this. I've visited the Baltmore several times and I always tell people to go see it. I always tell them to make sure they visit the gardens also. The house is impressive and interesting, but the gardens have plants I've never seen anywhere else in the world. It's quite expensive now, but if you have never been, it's worth it.

Ps, nice area to be driving a Delorean. (Twisty mountain roads)

My VIN:    1597

Glad you enjoyed the visit. My parents have been numerous times but for those wanting to go all out I would suggest waiting. They booked the highest tier and were disappointed the staff was running on a skeleton because of covid. Many of the perks were unavailable , closed.

There are a lot of things N in the mountains including DollyWood in Pigeon Forge. Who can resist that? My real reason for going is there is/was a indoor vertical air tunnel where you can do indoor skydiving. Looks like a grain silo but basically it was a large engine and blades pointing up at the bottom with netting suspended above it. You were weighed, given a specific color so the operator could dial in the strength to lift you.
    Getting OT but near Ashville there is a large sign at the "Bat cave" exit. I thought I pulled over under it to have a look at my tires and got a picture of the D and the BATCAVE sign....
    "Owning a Delorean is like frying bacon naked."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2