FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Back to the Future Trilogy on LaserDisc

My VIN:    16409

Back to the Future Trilogy on LaserDisc

I have Back to the Future I, II, and III on LaserDisc for sale. Both the jackets and discs are in nice shape. I'd like to get about $20 for the set. I will use a LaserDisc packing box for shipping via USPS Media Mail.
    Attached Images
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

Buddy, I sent you a PM with my PayPal address.
    Chris Miles

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

i prefer how they used the entire jacket cover for the cover art on the full-screen versions. i think the top and bottom bars on the widescreen cover art are just a waste of space. i guess it was to eliminate confusion for the buyer.

cover art is one of the reasons i collect LaserDiscs.

I know what you mean. I like the cover art better on the full screen editions as well. However, I prefered to have the movies in letterbox, so I bought the set again. These then became duplicates.

Presentation plays a big part of an items value to me. In my opinion LaserDiscs always beat DVD's on presentation (unless we're talking about some fancy DVD box set). Especially these days when DVD paging seems so cheap to me. Have you noticed most of the DVD cases are the (what I call) "recycle" DVD cases. Half of the plastic has been cut away and it's super flimsy. The back side has a cut out of the "recycling" symbol. I really hate that.

There really is something to be said about inserting and playing a LaserDisc. It feels like more of an experience. When you have to flip the disc over (unless you have a auto-flip unit) it feels like an intermission. Go to the bathroom, get a drink, smoke a cigarette (you get the idea). The movie is waiting for you when you get back.

I just picked up "Defending your Life" with Albert Brooks. I hadn't seen it before but heard it was great. I would have never bought it on DVD, but I thought what a great film to get on LaserDisc.
    Chris Miles

I should mention, these LaserDiscs have sold, thanks.
    Chris Miles

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

I already sold my BTTF Trilogy Laserdiscs (to mike, right here on this forum - thanks Mike!) but I have another 25 or so from my ever shrinking collection up on E-bay right now with like another 3 days or so to go, and some REALLY good prices on some REALLY nice titles, including two of my favorite & rarest films, and even a Monty Python film with the cover artwork personally autographed by the director. If you love Laserdiscs, go see what I've got here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/whocruiser/m...id=p4340.l2562

My VIN:    1150

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by whocruiser View Post
    I already sold my BTTF Trilogy Laserdiscs (to mike, right here on this forum - thanks Mike!) but I have another 25 or so from my ever shrinking collection up on E-bay right now with like another 3 days or so to go, and some REALLY good prices on some REALLY nice titles, including two of my favorite & rarest films, and even a Monty Python film with the cover artwork personally autographed by the director. If you love Laserdiscs, go see what I've got here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/whocruiser/m...id=p4340.l2562
    For anyone who may be interested, I have another load of about 45 different Laserdiscs up on e-bay right now, and also a few non Laserdisc items, including my original Back To The Future Delorean plastic model purchased from Universal Studios back in the 90's, just follow the link for a list of ALL my current items:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?item=..._ipg=200&rt=nc