FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: MSD ignition?

MSD ignition?

Has anybody installed an MSD ignition on their Delorean? I installed one years ago on my truck and gained about 1 mpg. On a 13 mpg truck, that's a lot. It also ran smoother and idled better. I called MSD and asked if it would work on the Delorean and they said one perticular model will. (Digital 6AL+) The others will not work on a odd fire engine. Of course, the Digital 6AL+ is out of stock. Might be available in middle of August. I think I might try it.

My VIN:    2942

I was going to try the MSD but someone told me it would not work quite right because of the odd fire engine. But I did not not test it.

My VIN:    10270

I do, originally because the 6AL-2 could be used for boost timing retard and I installed the MSD rather than modify the distributor on a k-jet turbo build. When I went EFI I left it in place because it was already hooked up and worked, seemed to do its job well. I'm using one of the approved coils from their list.

There's nothing special to the install but you'll need the MSD tach adapter (or something similar) to make the fuel pump & tachometer work properly.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection