FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Possible New Product offering: soliciting comments and opinions

Possible New Product offering: soliciting comments and opinions

I've come up with a simple plastic plug that covers the body/frame mounting bolt pocket. There are two of them inside the front truck that holds the front body to the frame. I believe it's a 10 or 12mm bolt that resides at the bottom of the pocket. The problem I noticed is that water always seems to accumulate in the pocket causing the bolt to rust. I'm in Florida and during the summer it seems to rain every other day here. My solution was to 3D print a plastic plug that covers the bolt head and the entire pocket keeping the water out. I've included photos of the area I'm talking about, along with the actual plugs, if there's any interest, I can print out more plugs in ABS red as shown in the photos or in ABS black as well. Tentatively, the cost would be $20 for a pair plus shipping. Let me know if there's any interest or any suggestions on how to improve them. Thanks.IMG-1759.jpgIMG-1760.jpgIMG-1761.jpgIMG-1762.jpgIMG-1763.jpgIMG-1764.jpgIMG-1765.jpg

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

M10x40. Ask me how I know. There's very little M12 on the car.

My VIN:    4665

This is what is recommended from DMCH. Fits perfectly. https://store.delorean.com/106915-se...-seal-cap.html

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by iflights View Post
    This is what is recommended from DMCH. Fits perfectly. https://store.delorean.com/106915-se...-seal-cap.html
    I was about to mention this. These already exist on the sides of the body tub and have been used in this location. The 3D printed cap is a good idea, but will be hard to compete.

My VIN:    05257

I wonder is these solutions will stop the water accumulating there. They don't seal against the panel. I found water on the left one, too.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    I wonder is these solutions will stop the water accumulating there. They don't seal against the panel. I found water on the left one, too.
    Better yet, my car had a Ford washer fluid container mounted in the trunk above it and had leaked goo everywhere. Still trying to scrape it off.

My VIN:    16113

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Engraving "DMC" on the cap would be cool.
    Shannon