FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Concourse V. Concours V. Word Choice V. Spelling V. Helping V. OT BS

Concourse V. Concours V. Word Choice V. Spelling V. Helping V. OT BS

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    What does concourse VS driver have to do with anything? The DMC vendors sell "driver" cars, they do not spend the cash on refurbishing cars to "concourse" condition unless a purchaser requests it.

If the OP wants a reliable driver car and he's thinking of buying one privately to send to a vendor to have reworked....they may as well just purchase one directly from a Delorean vendor.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Well, the early advice in this thread was spectacularly bad and/or nonsensical. And the word is "Concours". It's weird that DavId T has enough attention to detail to win such an award, but can't get the spelling.

Anyway, from the guy who looks at pretty much all the for sale listings, there is quite a shortage of private listings at the moment - sure, if you wait a bit your car will come along, and maybe you should. But
    if you want to get a car soon, and that's likely to be sorted in the condition and specs you want, then talking to a dealer right now is gonna be the best bet, especially for the reasons already mentioned.

Ok, I guess I have to explain for those that have a hard time comprehending. .

When I say concourse, I mean stock. There are people that buy their car for resale and presenting it as a stock car. They don't necessarily have to have a perfect example, but a stock car does not have aftermarket exhaust or braided fuel lines or upgraded brakes. Yes, stock cars will drive, but if you want a reliable driver, you want upgrades.

That being said, those upgrades cost a lot and don't raise the value of the car. In some cases, it lowers the value. I personally don't give a flip about stock. I bought my car for my enjoyment. Whenever it comes time for resale, I will get what I get. I didn't buy it to make money.

If you buy from DMC, you will get a quality car, but you won't get a DI lower control arm brace. You won't get a Deloreango exhaust. You won't get Dave McKeen relays. You won't get an LS V8. If you buy from a private seller, you very well might get this stuff for no extra cost. (Maybe not the V

You see in the want ads here, some people buying stock shift knobs and others selling them. Obviously, some people care about stock. Others don't. It can cost a lot to bring a car back to stock or vice versa.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post

When I say concourse, I mean stock.
    con·course
    /ˈkänˌkôrs/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: concourse; plural noun: concourses

a large open area inside or in front of a public building, as in an airport or train station.
    "the domestic arrivals concourse"

con·cours
    /kōnˈko͝or/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: concours; plural noun: concours; noun: concours d'élégance; plural noun: concours d'élégance

an exhibition or contest, especially a parade of vintage or classic motor vehicles in which prizes are awarded for those in the best original condition.
    "condition is what counts: a concours Mark 1 will fetch more than a ropy Mark 2 six years its junior"

Never mind that a "stock" DeLorean is a huge fire hazard. Get the buyer's guide, that's much better than listening to this confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    con·course
    /ˈkänˌkôrs/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: concourse; plural noun: concourses

a large open area inside or in front of a public building, as in an airport or train station.
    "the domestic arrivals concourse"

con·cours
    /kōnˈko͝or/
    Learn to pronounce
    noun
    noun: concours; plural noun: concours; noun: concours d'élégance; plural noun: concours d'élégance

an exhibition or contest, especially a parade of vintage or classic motor vehicles in which prizes are awarded for those in the best original condition.
    "condition is what counts: a concours Mark 1 will fetch more than a ropy Mark 2 six years its junior"

Never mind that a "stock" DeLorean is a huge fire hazard. Get the buyer's guide, that's much better than listening to this confusion.
    Maybe you didn't realize this is a car forum, not a English forum.

A major university did a study on people that correct others on spelling/grammar in forums that have nothing to do with language. They determined that the spell checkers suffer from low self esteem. By correcting others, it helps boost their confidence.

The other thing they determined was that people that don't spell correctly has no bearing on their intelligence. This is because language skills do not require intelligence. It is simply a memory excersize. To explain they gave this short test.

1. What is 256 x 498?

2. What is the Japanese word for rattlesnake?

Now you might not to know the answer to either question on the top of your head, but with some intelligence, you can work out the answer to the first question. It doesn't matter if you are a genius, you can not "work out" the answer to the second question. You have to be told or read it.

They went on to say, that intelligent people that don't spell correctly might just be better at prioritizing what they memorize. Einstein was known to be a terrible speller. (Even in his native tongue)

So, feel free to correct my spelling if it makes you feel more confident.

When I say concourse, I mean stock. There are people that buy their car for resale and presenting it as a stock car. They don't necessarily have to have a perfect example, but a stock car does not have aftermarket exhaust or braided fuel lines or upgraded brakes. Yes, stock cars will drive, but if you want a reliable driver, you want upgrades.

That being said, those upgrades cost a lot and don't raise the value of the car. In some cases, it lowers the value. I personally don't give a flip about stock. I bought my car for my enjoyment. Whenever it comes time for resale, I will get what I get. I didn't buy it to make money.

If you buy from DMC, you will get a quality car, but you won't get a DI lower control arm brace. You won't get a Deloreango exhaust. You won't get Dave McKeen relays. You won't get an LS V8. If you buy from a private seller, you very well might get this stuff for no extra cost. (Maybe not the V

You see in the want ads here, some people buying stock shift knobs and others selling them. Obviously, some people care about stock. Others don't. It can cost a lot to bring a car back to stock or vice versa.
    No I think you're a bit confused: concours means that the car is exactly as it was when it left the factory (original tires, original fuel lines, original fan fail relay etc). Stock is when a car is similar to how it was released but may contain upgrades (stainless fuel lines, new tires, etc). Stock is stock, concours is completely different. The only people that want a concours car are the ones that are not going to drive it and only display it at shows. The OP stated he wants a driver car, not a show car that will sit.

So before you start stating that people can't comprehend what you wrote, read what you wrote and try and understand what you're writing.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgravina View Post
    Yeah, I definitely have enough capabilities to do alot myself. Im not in the position to drop the engine out for example, but in all the smaller repair videos I have seen, I feel confident I can do alot of work myself. If I did get a private sale I would send it over to DMC to definitely do the euro spec suspension, redo the fuel system, and possibly throw on their stage 1 exhaust. And as long as its safe and running, I am prepared to handle any future repairs or upgrades myself short of hoisting out my engine or taking the body off of the frame.
    Well, then whatever comes up in your budget (also add in what else it will cost for what you want) first, grab it.

No I think you're a bit confused: concours means that the car is exactly as it was when it left the factory (original tires, original fuel lines, original fan fail relay etc). Stock is when a car is similar to how it was released but may contain upgrades (stainless fuel lines, new tires, etc). Stock is stock, concours is completely different. The only people that want a concours car are the ones that are not going to drive it and only display it at shows. The OP stated he wants a driver car, not a show car that will sit.

So before you start stating that people can't comprehend what you wrote, read what you wrote and try and understand what you're writing.
    No, concours is stock to its extreme level. It's not completely differnt. It's just another step. A lot of people buy stock cars with the idea that maybe they will restore it to a concours level. Of course, they probably don't want to buy a highly modified car with the idea of making it concours.

I know several collectors that have concours cars and they drive them. They don't drive them much, but they drive them.

For your information, the OP did not say he wanted a driver or a car to sit. Go back and read it the first post to which I was responding.

I don't know why you guys seem determined to pick apart everything I say. Do you think it makes you look good?

No, concours is stock to its extreme level. It's not completely differnt. It's just another step. A lot of people buy stock cars with the idea that maybe they will restore it to a concours level. Of course, they probably don't want to buy a highly modified car with the idea of making it concours.

I know several collectors that have concours cars and they drive them. They don't drive them much, but they drive them.

For your information, the OP did not say he wanted a driver or a car to sit. Go back and read it the first post to which I was responding.

I don't know why you guys seem determined to pick apart everything I say. Do you think it makes you look good?
    First: Read post 5, he states he wants it drivable

Second: You attack people that may not agree with your posts, you're all over on this forum. I asked a question and you jumped at that I can not comprehend. But go ahead and keep that defense shield up and keep questioning when people come back at you for it.

Getting back to the original poster as this isn't about you and your feelings (start another thread in the general section if you feel hurt), if a car becomes available from either a private seller or Delorean dealer that is within his budget, plus adding the cost to what he wants done to the car as well as what would need to make it drivable, he should go for it.

First: Read post 5, he states he wants it drivable

Second: You attack people that may not agree with your posts, you're all over on this forum. I asked a question and you jumped at that I can not comprehend. But go ahead and keep that defense shield up and keep questioning when people come back at you for it.

Getting back to the original poster as this isn't about you and your feelings (start another thread in the general section if you feel hurt), if a car becomes available from either a private seller or Delorean dealer that is within his budget, plus adding the cost to what he wants done to the car as well as what would need to make it drivable, he should go for it.
    Post 5? I was responding to post 1. Was I supposed to mind read what he was going post?

Two you attacked me first. Why don't you just respond to the OP with you best advice?

Post 5? I was responding to post 1. Was I supposed to mind read what he was going post?

Two you attacked me first. Why don't you just respond to the OP with you best advice?
    I attacked you? Lmao! I asked, verbatim: “What does concourse VS driver have to do with anything?”

If you think that question is an attack, no wonder why you’re super sensitive on these boards and think everyone is “attacking” you. You might want to stay off the internet for a while.

My VIN:    Midproduction

This thread is time lost in my life I'll never get back. Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast