FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Single Wideband O2 for AFR and narrow band output

Single Wideband O2 for AFR and narrow band output

Instead of welding a second O2 bung into my DPI exhaust, I found this module that will allow the use of a single wide band O2 sensor and split the wideband connections for the AFR gauge (0-5V) and a single wire narrow band connection (0-1V) and they can be used at the same time. Has anyone used something like this?

https://www.plxdevices.com/Wideband-...7346002726.htm

This is the manual for the device: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S79...J9PFssLkT/view

My VIN:    16795

Doesn't the DPI exhaust come with two fittings for O2 sensors? I have separate wide and narrow band sensors in mine and didn't have to weld anything.

My VIN:    03572

I ran a wideband that one output was configured to drive our stock lambda ECU (0 to 1 volt) and the second output could be set up to drive what you wanted (gauge, second narrow band, etc.).
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

We had complaints about the second bung on passenger header and opted to delete it. We can add a product option for those who want this moving forward as owners embrace added tech. Cheaper route would be for you to send us passenger header for a bung to be added. Just cover the shipping at cost.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Doesn't the DPI exhaust come with two fittings for O2 sensors? I have separate wide and narrow band sensors in mine and didn't have to weld anything.
    They deleted the second bung on their newest generation but can add it by request.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I ran a wideband that one output was configured to drive our stock lambda ECU (0 to 1 volt) and the second output could be set up to drive what you wanted (gauge, second narrow band, etc.).
    I mainly just want to run the wide band to set my mixture with the AFR. Which setup did you have on your car and did you just install it to set your AFR and then remove it after as well?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    I mainly just want to run the wide band to set my mixture with the AFR. Which setup did you have on your car and did you just install it to set your AFR and then remove it after as well?
    I used the older Innovate LC1 wideband. I installed it to switch the AFR from normal to a more rich value with a switch. I had removed it thinking an engine skip was the wideband but that was not the problem. I wish I left it installed because going back to narrow band got the engine hunt during warmup. I had no engine hunt with the wideband.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    I used the older Innovate LC1 wideband. I installed it to switch the AFR from normal to a more rich value with a switch. I had removed it thinking an engine skip was the wideband but that was not the problem. I wish I left it installed because going back to narrow band got the engine hunt during warmup. I had no engine hunt with the wideband.
    I actually have the LC2, just picked one up off eBay. It has programmable analog outputs for a narrow band output on the box the LCD screen is on like this s-l300_965749de-c2da-4079-b46d-910ba6423757_2000x.jpg

I assume you had an LC1 with a dedicated controller box like this to keep it connected permanently? o212.jpg

My VIN:    10270

Normally it takes a minute or two for the stock O2 sensor to come online. Any WB controller will come online much more quickly which can cause a slightly leaner warm-up / cold start. I have the LC2, previously LC1. Would probably try a Spartan controller these days rather than Innovate.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Normally it takes a minute or two for the stock O2 sensor to come online. Any WB controller will come online much more quickly which can cause a slightly leaner warm-up / cold start. I have the LC2, previously LC1. Would probably try a Spartan controller these days rather than Innovate.
    I'm looking to set it up on a temporary basis just to dial in the AFR under load while driving. I'll probably setup the LC2 kit I have (it's the portable version not the permanent install one) just to adjust the AFR and then swap back in the narrow band. Do you find it working better when permanently installed?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast