FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Single Wideband O2 for AFR and narrow band output

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    Do you find it working better when permanently installed?
    Personally I've only had them permanently installed, with the 0-1v output connected to the lambda box. I was also datalogging RPM, MAP, and the frequency valve duty cycle via an Innovate LMA-3 and could see how the fast warmup caused the lambda ecu to push the system lean, working against the control pressure regulators warm-up cycle. Within about 60 seconds, when a 1-wire narrowband sensor would normally start to wake up, everything is more or less as it should be.

By default the 2nd analog output mimics a 1v sensor and its sharp voltage switch at 14.7:1. I never did get around to trying a different, more gradual curve to see if the widely swinging duty cycle range could be slowed down & give a more stable idle. Something to consider if you're looking for an experiment
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    Personally I've only had them permanently installed, with the 0-1v output connected to the lambda box. I was also datalogging RPM, MAP, and the frequency valve duty cycle via an Innovate LMA-3 and could see how the fast warmup caused the lambda ecu to push the system lean, working against the control pressure regulators warm-up cycle. Within about 60 seconds, when a 1-wire narrowband sensor would normally start to wake up, everything is more or less as it should be.

By default the 2nd analog output mimics a 1v sensor and its sharp voltage switch at 14.7:1. I never did get around to trying a different, more gradual curve to see if the widely swinging duty cycle range could be slowed down & give a more stable idle. Something to consider if you're looking for an experiment
    I was actually looking at the SSI-4, which I think is the newer model of the LMA-3? Now I want to experiment.....

Thanks for the info!

My VIN:    03572

If you have no CATs, just use the LC2 with a tail pipe clamp which would save you swapping back to narrow band.

Yes the wideband would go closed loop in 15 seconds but I did not find that to be a problem.

I also have an LC2 but don't use it anymore either.

You want to set the wideband for the fastest response. A slower response will make the idle hunt. I tried it.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

I was actually looking at the SSI-4, which I think is the newer model of the LMA-3? Now I want to experiment.....
    I'm not sure offhand, but I can say that all of the Innovate software is very unstable and leave much to be desired. If I pull up some of my old datalogs the software will crash in short order.

One thing you could consider if you're really adventurous is, rather than capture data with an SSI4 or LMA3, is to install a Megasquirt or Microsquirt as a passive data collection instrument. The price would be a little higher, but it would buy you a much more actively supported software base as well as some opportunity at programmable control of things like fans and the fuel pump. Then if you get the itch down the road you'd be mostly ready for either FrankenCIS or full EFI conversion.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post
    I'm not sure offhand, but I can say that all of the Innovate software is very unstable and leave much to be desired. If I pull up some of my old datalogs the software will crash in short order.

One thing you could consider if you're really adventurous is, rather than capture data with an SSI4 or LMA3, is to install a Megasquirt or Microsquirt as a passive data collection instrument. The price would be a little higher, but it would buy you a much more actively supported software base as well as some opportunity at programmable control of things like fans and the fuel pump. Then if you get the itch down the road you'd be mostly ready for either FrankenCIS or full EFI conversion.
    I assume that the Spartan controllers you mentioned are much more stable?

I assume that the Spartan controllers you mentioned are much more stable?
    They seem to be preferred by the Megasquirt crowd. I had an LC-1 fail for no good reason. The LC-2 seems to be fine, no issues yet, but the software is weird and doesn't always seem to work correctly. Like it will take a few times pushing the buttons to get the values to take. It's picky about USB->serial adapters too, although thats unrelated to the software issues.

I might eventually replace it with a CANbus enabled controller for better accuracy but it is installed and has been working since 2016.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2