FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Copper crush washer questions

Copper crush washer questions

Hi friends - I'm ALMOST to the point to getting the D back running from a pretty invasive (for me) rebuild. Having some fueling problems. First problem is leaks. I ordered new copper crush washers from DMCH. They are quite larger than the ones that were on there. Picture shows the new ones on the left and the old ones on the right. I ran short so I used the old one for now. I am going to order more from DMCH but wanted to be sure they are the right size. Second question is fueling line configuration. I'm assuming that the larger line from the drivers side is the from the fuel filter and the larger one from the passenger side is the return to the tank. Thanks in advance for the help!
    Attached Images

My VIN:    6409

Club(s):   (DOC-UK) (DOI)

Those washers do seem larger than normal. The one on the right is the correct size..they should be m8 size for those connections.

Yes the larger line from the drivers side is the feed from the filter to metering head and the large one on passenger side Is the return to the tank. It doubles up onto the same port with one of the lines from the frequency valve.
    Last edited by cis6409; 10-10-2022 at 10:30 AM.
    only from the past can we choose the correct path for the future...

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Here ya go.
    FuelHose2.jpg

My VIN:    11596

Those washers look like the size that DPI sells. I put them in when I replaced my original fuel hoses and had no problems. They are a big larger diameter than the original copper crush washers. I recently measured a set from DMCMW (hole size, overall diameter, and thickness) and I think I found a good source for them which I have samples on the way. Should have them tomorrow.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

I feel like they fit a little loose around the banjo bolts. Not as snug as I would like them to be. I just ordered a smorgasbord of copper washers through Amazon. Didn't know if you had any other tricks!

My VIN:    16409

McMaster Carr sells copper sealing washers. I'll see if I can find them from my purchase history.
    Chris Miles

For Better or Worse I own a DeLorean!
    1983 Grey Manual, VIN #16409, Fresno, California

My VIN:    10332

Club(s):   (PNDC)

You can get a giant pack on Amazon - they work great. Used these when Toby helped out routing my updated lines.