FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: NO or Low enrichment on WOT

NO or Low enrichment on WOT

Hi everyone!
    I’ve recently replaced fuel injectors with brand new ones, and I’ve decided also to check dwell. My car is running amazingly good, the best shape in this 5 years of ownership. Everything is in spec, swinging perfectly in closed loop, but when I press the WOT switch it drops to a fixed 34%, when it was supposed to be 60%, right?
    Any thoughts?

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

My VIN:    03572

Sounds like your meter is reading backwards. So you may have to readjust the normal dwell.

You should read 45 deg. dwell on a cold start but that would read the same forward or backward.

WOT is 60% duty cycle and that relates to 54 deg. dwell on four cylinder scale.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Bitsyncmaster View Post
    Sounds like your meter is reading backwards. So you may have to readjust the normal dwell.

You should read 45 deg. dwell on a cold start but that would read the same forward or backward.

WOT is 60% duty cycle and that relates to 54 deg. dwell on four cylinder scale.
    Thanks Dave, I don’t think it’s reading backwards cause if I turn the idle mixture screw ex. counterclockwise (lean), it show’s me on meter that is leaning correctly, and vice versa. Car is running perfect. The only mistery is about this wot reading.
    I’ll try to borrow a digital multimeter with dwell for comparison. Thanks!

Enviado do meu iPhone usando Tapatalk

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

The main thing is when you set the WOT switch the reading changes and goes steady telling you the switch and the ECU is working. You may just not be reading the actual #'s correctly. You could be on the wrong scale or have the leads reversed.
    David Teitelbaum