FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: T-Panel screw sizes?

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

T-Panel screw sizes?

I've had my T-panel off the car so long I've misplaced the screws, including the ones that hold the slotted fiberglass trim that retains the back edge. I had #8 sheet metal handy because I had to replace the ones in the front edge bracket. But the #8 seems too small for the panel itself (although they do grab). And it seems like the rear trim might be #8, but perhaps machine screw not sheet metal. The sheet metal ones caught, but didn't thread and I didn't want to force them.

TIA
    Josh
    "If you're going to spend your inheritance on a car, why not do it with some style!"

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Parzval View Post
    I've had my T-panel off the car so long I've misplaced the screws, including the ones that hold the slotted fiberglass trim that retains the back edge. I had #8 sheet metal handy because I had to replace the ones in the front edge bracket. But the #8 seems too small for the panel itself (although they do grab). And it seems like the rear trim might be #8, but perhaps machine screw not sheet metal. The sheet metal ones caught, but didn't thread and I didn't want to force them.

TIA
    Josh
    They are a metric sheet metal screw. N8. Either order from a vendor or use something close. #8 too small, #10 too big. Good like finding metric sheet metal screws at Ace Hardware

The plastic panel is held on by metric machine screws. M4
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    7178

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCMW Dave View Post
    They are a metric sheet metal screw. N8. Either order from a vendor or use something close. #8 too small, #10 too big. Good like finding metric sheet metal screws at Ace Hardware

The plastic panel is held on by metric machine screws. M4
    Thanks a lot!
    👍
    "If you're going to spend your inheritance on a car, why not do it with some style!"