FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Carbed car and a 5 speed... do I need my computer AT ALL now?

Nothing witty here lest it offend

Carbed car and a 5 speed... do I need my computer AT ALL now?

Driving along today and my Lambda light comes on. Which is funny, of course, since I don't use that system anymore.

The easiest thing to do is to take the bulb out. But since the car is carbed, would I need the computer anymore?

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SamHill View Post
    Driving along today and my Lambda light comes on. Which is funny, of course, since I don't use that system anymore.

The easiest thing to do is to take the bulb out. But since the car is carbed, would I need the computer anymore?
    It is even easier to just unplug the wire going into the lambda service counter. That is what I did a few months back. In fact, I ended up bypassing the thing with a long speedo cable from Hervey as well.

My VIN:    ******* 01860 - Legend TT 06068 - VQ35 SC

Club(s):   (DMA)

The lambda light is just a switch in the counter on the spedo cable, under the streering column. Just unplug the wire.

Other systems in the car are the Lambda control, Idle speed control, and ignition control. I think you can remove the Lambda and Idle control if you are using a carburetor. You will still need the ignition "computer".