FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: For the HotWheels Hoarder who has everything

My VIN:    2743

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCH) (DCUK) (DOC-UK)

For the HotWheels Hoarder who has everything

Seems legit

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Corgi-Back-F...27697096721473

Corgi Delorean taken from the film "Back to the Future".

Gold plated finish.

Collectables Magazine EXCLUSIVE!

No.002 of 3!

Near Mint (very slight tarnishing) in Mint presentation attache case with outer carton.

VERY VERY RARE! EXCEPTIONAL!

Only $550 starting bid
    Attached Images
    Dermot
    VIN 2743, B/A, Frame 2227, engine 2320

I don't always drive cars, but when I do, I prefer DeLoreans

http://www.will-to-live.org

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

DeLorean Owner Since 2006

My VIN:    3676

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

That looks like a gold-colored and painted version of the Polar Lights kit. I'd be extremely leery; especially at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    I'd be extremely leery; especially at that price.
    But it's got a blurry "Certificate of Authenticity" What more could you want........
    Dermot

No-one is to stone anyone, even, and I want to make this absolutely clear, even if they do say "carburetor"

Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
    But it's got a blurry "Certificate of Authenticity" What more could you want........
    You mean besides being able to read it? How about some proof that somebody didn't throw that together in 5 minutes of photo manipulation? Perhaps verification from Universal Studios or some group affiliated with the studio or the filming process?

Other than that, the gas flap hood on the model and the proportions seem almost identical to the Polar Lights model...

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

The polar lights model is 1/25 scale, this one is 1/43. Most likely a plated mini champs done in the same fashion as the hot wheels sdcc bttf car.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

Quote Originally Posted by Dracula View Post
    You mean besides being able to read it? How about some proof that somebody didn't throw that together in 5 minutes of photo manipulation? Perhaps verification from Universal Studios or some group affiliated with the studio or the filming process?

Other than that, the gas flap hood on the model and the proportions seem almost identical to the Polar Lights model...
    As soon as I saw the gas flap my first thought was, "Dear God, Chad is going to rip that sucker apart..." I was surprised by the relatively mellow reaction.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    As soon as I saw the gas flap my first thought was, "Dear God, Chad is going to rip that sucker apart..." I was surprised by the relatively mellow reaction.
    Rest assured, I haven't mellowed. The reason I didn't come down upon it with fiery vengeance and relentless wrath is because it's a model car. Sure, I've seen better renderings made out of cardboard and the accuracy of that one would make their parents disown the guy who made it in the middle of an Easter church service, but it didn't destroy a perfectly good DeLorean for nothing, so it gets off with only mild criticism.

The next shoddy BTTF car, however, I'm going to assault like it's September 1st, 1939. Blitzkrieg; DeLorean-style.

The "Certificate" seems to read:

This is to certify that this Corgi model of the Back to the Future Delorean car has been produced by Collectables magazine as a gold plated “Special Edition” of only 3 worldwide

Kevin Spencer, managing editor and publisher of Collectables Magazine

So, completely authentic, I think you'll agree.

A little research showed that this hard to find magazine (even harder when I spelled "Collectable", as "Collectible") actually existed and did actually produce several 24 carat gold plated cars back in the early Noughties

A James Bond DB5 sold for $600 at the start of the year, and it was only 1 of 16

Dermot