FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Frame needed or measurements

My VIN:    6313

Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Quote Originally Posted by DrJeff View Post
    Interesting....any better pics or is this it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Interesting....any better pics or is this it?

I have a 49 MB jpg version (24093 x 9954 pixels). Send your email (by DM) and I can share the Dropbox link.

Jeff
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

I have a 49 MB jpg version (24093 x 9954 pixels). Send your email (by DM) and I can share the Dropbox link.

Jeff
    Sample (zoomed in on just a segment). This is the area of the trailing arm attachment location.

I can't attach the whole file (too large probably)

DeLorean Frame zoomed in 1.jpg
    Jeff

Sample (zoomed in on just a segment). This is the area of the trailing arm attachment location.

I can't attach the whole file (too large probably)

DeLorean Frame zoomed in 1.jpg
    Thanks Jeff but pretty much useless other than wall art because there are not dimensions shown.

Thanks Jeff but pretty much useless other than wall art because there are not dimensions shown.

Here's the link in case anyone is interested - Frame drawing in DropBox
    If it doesn't work for you let me know.

To test the "uselessness" of the drawing, I took two baseline measurements off the rear of the actual frame, then measured the pixels for these same dimensions shown on the drawings (using GIMP). I then calculated the 'scale' of the diagram (in the X and Y dimensions). I then read off the pixels for a distance across the front of the frame, then calculated the measurement. When I checked the distance for that same measurement off the actual car - it was off by only 1/16th inch compared to the calculated value. That's probably a smaller error rate than you'd get by people physically measuring the frame - given the potential for measurement error and variances in the dimensions from car to car.

I measured 0.013214 inches per pixel, or 75.677 pixels per inch - your mileage may vary

DrJeff
    Jeff

My VIN:    3771

A couple of chassis-related drawings here, a lot of them with dimensions:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E3zlKxvqz30belIeJnSHLJV2OdW0zdGy/view?usp=sharing

Some of the drawings are stamped "for discussion only" so those are most likely not valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhye View Post

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1E3zlKxvqz30belIeJnSHLJV2OdW0zdGy/view?usp=sharing

Some of the drawings are stamped "for discussion only" so those are most likely not valid.
    My phone won't let me download for some reason. I can go to the page but I can't see the pics (shows thumbnails with file names) if I try to download it says "Failed to download"
    Not sure what to do to fix this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhye View Post

I may try again when I get to my office and can use my PC.

My VIN:    3771

My phone won't let me download for some reason. I can go to the page but I can't see the pics (shows thumbnails with file names) if I try to download it says "Failed to download"
    Not sure what to do to fix this.
    I've extracted everything to a shared directory, hope it helps:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...F7eqdvF5GMsf7j

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast