FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

Installed rear plates and tried to mimic where they were positioned before based on my pictures. Mounted the left rear quarter. Sorry not many good pics of what we actually got done.

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

My VIN:    00778 and Formerly 06770.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Bill, don't feel bad about it. You were messaging me on my personal Facebook account, where you normally reach me at. Out of respect for my wife's family and the ongoing chaos, I have focused intensely on "being where your feet are" at any given moment and making sure my attention is supporting them along with our children. Crazy how quickly social media can fade into the background as an afterthought. It has been an intense few weeks, with more to come, unfortunately. I had sent you on messenger company contact avenues other than my personal messenger. Our shipping manager has your contact info and will be following up today.
    Can you please provide us your shipping manager's contact information so I can get in contact with them about my order. Please and thank you.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by GS450-Junkie View Post
    Can you please provide us your shipping manager's contact information so I can get in contact with them about my order. Please and thank you.
    Please send to [email protected] subject line order number for reference and they will reach back out to you asap. If at all possible, email from the address the order was placed through as responses double in our system and how up in your store client account.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Good things come to those who wait. My parts from D-Ind showed up yesterday. I was having buyers remorse about paying $500 for the engine harness until I saw it in person. Wow what an upgrade! I didn't realize how much of an upgrade from the stock one that it would be.

Worked on the car for a few hours after work.
    I cut sound deadener for in behind the bulkhead plate and installed it before the bulkhead plate gets installed.

Tam worked on the brake booster and m.c. She saw in the parts manual that a o ring goes between the booster and the m.c. but I don't remember there being one in there. She found a new one that seemed to fit and put it in there for now.
    This o-ring does really make sense to me. It looks like the m.c. has a special notch out of it for the brake fluid to weep out if the seal fails but I feel like a oring would mess this up.

I cleaned up the resistor pack (sorry no after pics) while Tam put a new gasket on the bulkhead plate.
    After this we made another list of hardware needed. No matter what it seems like we keep discovering hardware that we didn't buy and we need. I'll be making another trip to the hardware store tomorrow or Friday.

I made a list of hardware I needed the other night. Today after my morning spin class/gym workout I swung in to the hardware store. This is a tedious and time consuming part of fully restoring a vehicle.
    I tried to find new nuts for my jump post but the threads didn't seem to match anything in metric or SAE.

Pro tip- If you need metric washers, lock washers, etc. and you live in rural USA try finding SAE washers, lock washers, etc. That will fit and work. They are usually much more readily available and a lot cheaper.

After an hour of searching and jotting down costs, this is what I brought to the counter.

$27 for a tiny bag of hardware. Ugh....

I posted about jump lug on the Delorean technical page on FB. Turns out it is a weird thread.

I found a lug design that I really like online so I ordered it.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I cleaned up the resistor pack (sorry no after pics) while Tam put a new gasket on the bulkhead plate.
    Did you consider HEI ignition and dumping the ballast resistor?
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 98 of 106 FirstFirst ... 48 88 96 97 98 99 100 ... LastLast