FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

Just for the heck of it I did some searching on line. I found what looks to be the same brake booster for a lot cheaper. I'm not knocking the Delorean vendors at all. I get it, they need to make a profit. We do the same.thing at our HVAC business.
    My worry with ordering one of these cheaper options is I order one which appears correct but then it doesn't match up completely right and I've wasted my time.
    Of course there is the option of continuing trying to recondition ours and not buying either.

Sent from my SM-F926U1 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 03-31-2024 at 07:23 AM.

An update. Josh from D-Ind got back to me. He said he will be talking to his shipping department to make sure our stuff gets shipped out ASAP. He told the reason he hadn't be replying to any of my texts over the past week was because he had three deaths in his family. So now I feel like a total jerk for getting upset that he wasn't answering my texts.

Last edited by SupercoolBill; 03-31-2024 at 12:43 PM.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    An update. Josh from D-Ind got back to me. He said he will be talking to his shipping department to make sure our stuff gets shipped out ASAP. He told the reason he hadn't be replying to any of my texts over the past week was because he had three deaths in his family. So now I feel like a total jerk for getting upset that he wasn't answering my texts.

Bill, don't feel bad about it. You were messaging me on my personal Facebook account, where you normally reach me at. Out of respect for my wife's family and the ongoing chaos, I have focused intensely on "being where your feet are" at any given moment and making sure my attention is supporting them along with our children. Crazy how quickly social media can fade into the background as an afterthought. It has been an intense few weeks, with more to come, unfortunately. I had sent you on messenger company contact avenues other than my personal messenger. Our shipping manager has your contact info and will be following up today.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Okay great thanks. Once again sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And you know I actually mean it when I say that.

I had to get a replacement phone because my Samsung Z-Fold 3 was dying. I got a used Z-Fold 4 for $250. What a pain setting everything up again. It took my a half hour to get back into Tapatalk.
    I could do much today with my phone being unavailable because Tam was swapping phones for me.
    It was sunny and warm out so I opened the garage door and painted the brake booster. I used etching primer and semi-gloss engine paint.

Sent from my SM-F936U1 using Tapatalk

I used my air gun to blow all the sand and crap out of this area on both sides.

I found a few rivnuts that I forgot to grind off so I took care of them.

I brought out the right side quarter panel and cleaned the body side of it.
    Some factory writing which makes sense with the date of manufacturing on the car.

I found some old body damage that someone had fixed. I was really surprised that the fender looked fine on the outside but like this inside.

It was so nice out that I had to take one of my motorcycles for a quick ride.

I took inventory on parts to install the quarter panels, etc. I'll have to hit up the hardware store tomorrow.

My VIN:    3743

Sorry for your loss Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    Bill, don't feel bad about it. You were messaging me on my personal Facebook account, where you normally reach me at. Out of respect for my wife's family and the ongoing chaos, I have focused intensely on "being where your feet are" at any given moment and making sure my attention is supporting them along with our children. Crazy how quickly social media can fade into the background as an afterthought. It has been an intense few weeks, with more to come, unfortunately. I had sent you on messenger company contact avenues other than my personal messenger. Our shipping manager has your contact info and will be following up today.
    Matt
    Vin: 3743 Sept. 81 build
    Black interior, Automatic soon to be 5/Speed Converted

Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46 86 94 95 96 97 98 ... LastLast