FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1051

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

I question the lights there also. I think they may actually shine in your eyes there making it hard to see. Maybe you could install some kind of shade on the top. I think the ideal location would be on the bottom of the engine cover shining down. A lot harder to make look nice though.

The other thing I want to mention is using copper washers for electrical connections. I know copper is one of the best conductors, but I?ve never heard of doing that. I guess I would ask the community is there any reason not to do that?

As always, great work and thanks for taking the time to post.

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    If you're going to put those lights on, I wonder if centered in the sides of the pontoons is actually better? There's not really much to see if you're putting them under the rear window. I feel like the light would be more helpful when it can be dispersed to the sides of the engine.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk
    Hmmm good point. I'll look into that option

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

I found some wiring inside the vehicle that had been chewed on by rodents at some point. We are going to have to take care of this.

President, DeLorean Industries

My VIN:    5646,5080, 5880, 10234, 3639, 2518, 10586, 1538

TBH, from what I have seen in the thread posts and our discussions off-site, you need to pull and inspect all of your harnesses in their entirety. There is a lot going on there, and you are going to run the risk of damaging new components, new harnesses, etc. You are far enough apart that there isn't a better time. This isn't something you will want to go back in for after the fact.
    www.deloreanindustries.com Every Detail Matters

Quote Originally Posted by Delorean Industries View Post
    TBH, from what I have seen in the thread posts and our discussions off-site, you need to pull and inspect all of your harnesses in their entirety. There is a lot going on there, and you are going to run the risk of damaging new components, new harnesses, etc. You are far enough apart that there isn't a better time. This isn't something you will want to go back in for after the fact.
    Yeah continuing to check wiring. Would it make sense to install a plug connector here?

We got up thir morning, walked 4 miles, went to church, ate lunch, and then worked on the car for 5 hours.
    We switched to working on the front of the car for a while. The first thing we did was remove the nasty, dirty steering shaft for cleaning and inspection. Tam begrudgingly cleaned the steering shaft while I worked on other stuff.

Last edited by SupercoolBill; 04-14-2024 at 08:01 PM.

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Yeah continuing to check wiring. Would it make sense to install a plug connector here?

I wouldn't bother. Once you break all those M5 screws off and install new rivnuts, you'll have no trouble going back in there in the future if for some reason you have to clean or check the connections.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

As I got looking around under the car I realized how much work we had to do under here. There are a bunch of spinning rivnuts many of which have stainless steel bolts in them. These will be fun to grind out.

I decided to try to get the fittings off from the AC evaporator. Earlier in the project I have chopped the AC lines because I couldn't get the fittings to loosen and wanted to proceed with getting the body off the frame. Even with the extra room these fittings didn't want to budge.
    I tried every trick in the book on the suction fitting and finally got it apart but it was all for nothing. We need a new evaporator. The liquid line has corrosion in the seal area which I don't like.
    But the bigger problem is when I chopped off the suction accumulator I cut too close to the evaporator and ruined the sealing section.

I showed Tam how to remove rivnuts so she reluctantly went to work in the fronk. She was inventing some creative swear words lol.

I decided I was going to start cleaning the undercarriage.

I prepped for attaching the body plates.

All of these rivnuts are spinning...bolts seized in them. Fun....so these will all need to be ground off.

Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 50 90 98 99 100 101 102 ... LastLast