FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108
Results 1,071 to 1,074 of 1074

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

You?re gonna be able to do a nice job on eye brows. I glued some aluminum in mine and they still look good, but I?m afraid I didn?t do it good enough. What?s your plan for the cowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    You?re gonna be able to do a nice job on eye brows. I glued some aluminum in mine and they still look good, but I?m afraid I didn?t do it good enough. What?s your plan for the cowl?
    Yeah we still haven't decided if we will fix up the stock facia or replace it with a fiberglass one.
    I'm thinking I may just take some heavy guage sheetmetal and attach it to the fiberglass piece (not the facia) with glue or rivets.

The cowl could be fixed. I could file down where the pieces broke out, find a similar material to cut bars out of, shape them, epoxy them in, file and sand to blend in, then paint the whole thing. But we may just buy a new one from DMCH. I wonder if it would qualify for their free shipping.

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I like the original as the black section can be sanded/polished. Fiberglass fascia is nice but that painted center section will get beat up by road debris/rocks.
    I have an original fascia with aluminum strips glued in and they're holding up well - zero eyebrows. When the original paint gets to end of life and I get front and rear resprayed, my PPF installer says he has a ceramic product that will get that deep black color back and add some protection to the urethane.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post

The cowl could be fixed. I could file down where the pieces broke out, find a similar material to cut bars out of, shape them, epoxy them in, file and sand to blend in, then paint the whole thing. But we may just buy a new one from DMCH. I wonder if it would qualify for their free shipping.
    No, as you might have noticed by now, their listing for the cowl screen specifies at the end of the description - oversize part, not eligible for free shipping

https://store.delorean.com/105047-cowl-screen.html
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8 58 98 106 107 108