FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: 1982 Frame Off Restoration

Some parts showed up today.
    I ordered these thinking they may be required to get the car to start and run but now we know that the factory lines are not restricted at all but we will be installing these lines at some point. 20211122_204057.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I thought that I was just ordering new OEM rubber bushings for the injectors. I thought it was a lot of money for rubber bushing but now it makes sense why they cost so much. These are quite a set up. Once again probably not going to install them until much later in the restoration but for now I think it would be more of a pain to put my injectors in and out to troubleshoot issues with this set up vs. OEM rubber bushings.20211122_204151.jpg20211122_204155.jpg

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I thought that I was just ordering new OEM rubber bushings for the injectors. I thought it was a lot of money for rubber bushing but now it makes sense why they cost so much. These are quite a set up. Once again probably not going to install them until much later in the restoration but for now I think it would be more of a pain to put my injectors in and out to troubleshoot issues with this set up vs. OEM rubber bushings.20211122_204151.jpg20211122_204155.jpg

Yikes. The rubber bushings are like $3 each. But how do those clamps hold the injector down? Do you have an injector out and can demonstrate? They are expensive as hell but look pretty cool. The bushings do degrade over time and get really hard, maybe crack, and cause potential vacuum leaks.
    Andy Lien

VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!
    Total frame-off restoration completed 2021-2023

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Club(s):   (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by 82DMC12 View Post
    ... But how do those clamps hold the injector down?
    I had to look that one up.
    https://deloreanindustries.com/11-in...kit/#gallery-2

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    Yeah that is them!

I feel like they are a bit too nice for my engine unless I end up vapor blasting everything and replacing the parts that is pressed into the intake. The ones in the picture are not OEM. Mine are just stamped steel that has lost the plating and has corrosion. I am assuming that those can get pulled out with a slide hammer and the new stainless ones get chilled then pushed in place with a hammer and a brass drift.

Is this factory?Attachment 67353Attachment 67354

Hey I was thinking of you when I saw this video from DMCMW today -

https://youtu.be/iT33xOhmpn4?t=310
    Andy Lien

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

1982 Restoration project

I was planning on grinding off the welds on the bottom plate and installing a thicker plate that can be jacked up on without bending.. in which case I would be removing the unique plate with the special riveted pieces.
    Last edited by SupercoolBill; 11-25-2021 at 07:50 AM.

Took fuel distributor apart again, checked everything,, put it back on the car and tested it. Same issue. Ports #1 & #3 feed fuel all the time. Switched hoses and injectors around. Same thing. Whatever lines are on ports #1 & #3 keep spraying.

Trying to think what could be causing this. Seems like the following could be causing fuel to spray out of the injectors on #1 & #3:

1. Injectors are opening at too low of pressure (already disproved this as being the problem)

2. The spring, shim arrangement on these ports is too strong thus holding the port open.

3. There is some sort of solid debris on the face of these two ports holding them open.

4. These ports are somehow damaged (face of port not flat) allowing fuel to pass by when the diaphragm is push up against them.

When I looked at the ports it did look like at least one of them had a notch in it for some reason.

Took fuel distributor apart again, checked everything,, put it back on the car and tested it. Same issue. Ports #1 & #3 feed fuel all the time. Switched hoses and injectors around. Same thing. Whatever lines are on ports #1 & #3 keep spraying.

Trying to think what could be causing this. Seems like the following could be causing fuel to spray out of the injectors on #1 & #3:

1. Injectors are opening at too low of pressure (already disproved this as being the problem)

2. The spring, shim arrangement on these ports is too strong thus holding the port open.

3. There is some sort of solid debris on the face of these two ports holding them open.

4. These ports are somehow damaged (face of port not flat) allowing fuel to pass by when the diaphragm is push up against them.

When I looked at the ports it did look like at least one of them had a notch in it for some reason.

I don't have any advice for you but if you decide to let someone else fix it for you, these guys are very well regarded https://k-jet.biz/
    Andy Lien

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Kansas City

Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast