FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need Help Pricing Parts Car VIN 883 ***Split From For Sale***

My VIN:    2565

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Try to sell the car complete. If you try selling parts off of it, it will take a long time and you will be left with a lot of parts that are unsaleable. You will have to invest a lot of time taking it apart and packing the parts up. If you have a clean Title just sell it as a project. Depending on location, condition, and how complete the car is you should get at least $15K. Either put the car up for auction or call Beverly Hills Car Club in CA. They buy anything and pay low, but fair prices.
    I've decided to sell both cars complete. To be clear, 833 has a salvaged title and is currently disassembled which is why it's hard to take some pictures. All the parts that came with the car when I bought it are there, I have not sold anything.

2565 is complete, but the body is off the frame. I pulled the body to coat the frame but at the time I was in college and didn't get a chance to reassemble. It was running when I pulled the body, so there shouldn't be too much trouble getting it back on the road. I only drove this car around town a few times and to a few car shows. The furthest drive was about 150 miles round trip without any issues, which was to get inspection.

The pictures I posted were taken a few weeks before I pulled the frame.

Can you take a picture of the current state 9f the cars right now? If the body is off the frame. Do you have it on rolling dollies or something currently? i am imagining both cars cant be rolled so the transportation will be a bit of an issue.

Hey Loumis, your pm inbox is full.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubot View Post
    Hey Loumis, your pm inbox is full.
    Sorry about that, should be good now.

883 is sold, thank you to everyone who was interested.

2565 I will be putting back together before I sell.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by deloumis View Post
    883 is sold, thank you to everyone who was interested.

2565 I will be putting back together before I sell.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk
    I need help selling 2565, I have no clue what the market is like at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

I need help selling 2565, I have no clue what the market is like at the moment. Any help would be appreciated.
    Market is well up since 2021. You just want a private party valuation est. for your D as-is?

Feel free to update us on project vs runner status, quality of frame, body panels, interior. Also which transmission now.

For a rough estimate list any known issues costing >$1K to resolve. And a few photos help.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    7012

If you put it on an auction site like Bring-A-Trailer or eBay, you will get a fair market price in 7 days. Every DeLorean auction has a bunch of bidders so they're pretty efficient auctions.

Either way, good luck with the sale!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Market is well up since 2021. You just want a private party valuation est. for your D as-is?

Feel free to update us on project vs runner status, quality of frame, body panels, interior. Also which transmission now.

For a rough estimate list any known issues costing >$1K to resolve. And a few photos help.
    Yes private party ballpark number, or any help selling.

Car was running when I pulled the frame, frame is in good condition. It's not missing anything, just needs to be put back together. Body is off frame, suspension is off frame. All body panels are in good condition. Black interior, automatic. I can get pictures later today.

Quote Originally Posted by mike123 View Post
    If you put it on an auction site like Bring-A-Trailer or eBay, you will get a fair market price in 7 days. Every DeLorean auction has a bunch of bidders so they're pretty efficient auctions.

Either way, good luck with the sale!
    First time I hear about bring-a-trailer. Is that a well known site? I'll look into it, thank you.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast