FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need Help Pricing Parts Car VIN 883 ***Split From For Sale***

My VIN:    2565

Need Help Pricing Parts Car VIN 883 ***Split From For Sale***

Quote Originally Posted by deloumis View Post
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?75...ng-out-VIN-883

Sale didn't go through, all parts available still.
    PM offer for any parts or entire car.
    It has been a while since I posted this, but I have this car for sale again. I would like to sell the entire car together, but I would be willing to part it for the right price. No parts were ever sold, my dad (LEVY) offered to buy the entire car if I was going to sell so I decided just to hold on to it. From the time I started this thread up until now, the car has not been touched. If you are interested take a look at the pictures that I have already posted. I can provide additional pictures for serious buyers.

So long story short, we had agreed to hold on to the car and restore sometime in the future, but unfortunately my dad passed away last week. He was young (60) and healthy so this was completely unexpected, leaving my mom in need of money. With that being said, selling this car is harder now than it was when I first posted due to emotional connection with my dad but it's our only option at this point. I'm not sure what prices are like right now but I am [considering] $15,000. I will consider any reasonable offers, considering what I paid 10 years ago.
    Last edited by Ron; 11-19-2021 at 11:00 AM. Reason: split; clarity

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

It has been a while since I posted this, but I have this car for sale again. I would like to sell the entire car together, but I would be willing to part it for the right price. No parts were ever sold, my dad (LEVY) offered to buy the entire car if I was going to sell so I decided just to hold on to it. From the time I started this thread up until now, the car has not been touched. If you are interested take a look at the pictures that I have already posted. I can provide additional pictures for serious buyers.

So long story short, we had agreed to hold on to the car and restore sometime in the future, but unfortunately my dad passed away last week. He was young (60) and healthy so this was completely unexpected, leaving my mom in need of money. With that being said, selling this car is harder now than it was when I first posted due to emotional connection with my dad but it's our only option at this point. I'm not sure what prices are like right now but I am asking $15,000. I will consider any reasonable offers, considering what I paid 10 years ago.
    Project cars are now a lot more than $15,000 on projects. I know people like to try and take advantage of people who aren't up to speed on prices, so I feel compelled to point this out. However, it does
    depend a lot on completeness and condition - I'm not seeing any pictures in any of the threads.

This reply is strictly speaking, off topic for this forum, so maybe Ron will be kind and move the thread or something. Or delete!

My VIN:    01643

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Very sorry to hear about your father. I remember multiple threads and conversations with him.

I agree with MrChocky's sentiment on pricing. I'm sure there are going to be many prospective buyers out there pissed at people helping a seller raise the sale price of their car, preventing buyers from getting a car for half the price, but a death in the family and need for a sell shouldn't mean a buyer gets taken advantage of. Do a little bit of research on current pricing. Values have been raising at a very fast pace. Cars that were $15k just a few years ago are now going for $25k and more. That goes for all cars from concours to parts cars. Best of luck with everything.

Thank you for pointing this out, the number I came up with is based off of my memory of prices almost 10 years ago. I will get some more pictures in a few hours.

Here are some links where you can find some pictures.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?5178-Vin-883

http://imgur.com/a/3UWte#0

http://thissuckeriselectrical.blogspot.com/

My VIN:    5878

I know a guy that is willing to pay $5000 for the title since it’s a parts car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will get some pictures posted hopefully tomorrow. I got busy today and didn't get the chance to take some pictures.

I may also be selling 2565, which is complete but the body is off the frame.

I will get some pictures posted hopefully tomorrow. I got busy today and didn't get the chance to take some pictures.

I may also be selling 2565, which is complete but the body is off the frame.
    I am having trouble uploading pictures. Not sure what I am doing wrong but I will continue to try.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Try to sell the car complete. If you try selling parts off of it, it will take a long time and you will be left with a lot of parts that are unsaleable. You will have to invest a lot of time taking it apart and packing the parts up. If you have a clean Title just sell it as a project. Depending on location, condition, and how complete the car is you should get at least $15K. Either put the car up for auction or call Beverly Hills Car Club in CA. They buy anything and pay low, but fair prices.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Try to sell the car complete. If you try selling parts off of it, it will take a long time and you will be left with a lot of parts that are unsaleable. You will have to invest a lot of time taking it apart and packing the parts up. If you have a clean Title just sell it as a project. Depending on location, condition, and how complete the car is you should get at least $15K. Either put the car up for auction or call Beverly Hills Car Club in CA. They buy anything and pay low, but fair prices.
    BHCC? A thousand times, no.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast