FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Alignment tomorrow

My VIN:    11596

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Get the tire pressures right also. Make sure nothing is loose/worn in the suspension and the tires have plenty of tread and are less than 7 ears old. Inspect the rubber steering column bushing.
    Thanks David. I'll check tire pressure again tonight. Steering column bushing already replaced with delrin type! It's driving quite nice even without an alignment so I'm really looking forward to how it feels afterwards.
    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Olathe, KS

My VIN:    11596

Got my alignment done this morning. Really nice tech who let me wander around the car with him and give him a hand. He was very detailed and making sure it was as perfect as possible. For the rear toe, I drove in with three shims on the D/S and zero on the P/S. That's how it was ever since I got the car 20 years ago. Inner rear tire wears faster than outer. I have now corrected the camber with adjustable upper arms so that's great, you could visually see the difference. The P/S took all three spare shims that I had and he said honestly it could use one, maybe even two more - and driver side also. Here's my final specs when I drove out. What do you think? Should I slide one more on each side? I totally replaced the entire T/A attachment system and didn't re-use anything but the arm itself. It's assembled exactly as the parts manual shows (but the Toby Tab bolt head is facing the transmission).

PXL_20211123_170850016.jpg

PXL_20211123_171044652.jpg
    PXL_20211123_160623949.jpg
    VIN 11596 Jan 1982 build - owned since Nov. 2000!

Photography and Backpacking is life.

Was Fargo, ND
    Now Olathe, KS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2