FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Car wont shift into gear when cold

My VIN:    5625

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    It could be the slave, if it isn't new too... But, I'm with David on starting it in gear while the clutch pedal is down.
    Might be the slave I suppose. It was a rebuilt unit by PJ Grady about 2 years ago.
    You can't buy happiness, but you can buy a DeLorean and that's sort of the same thing....

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I would change the dot4 in the clutch circuit and use a good quality synthetic gearoil in the transaxle. But any manual transmission will be hard shifting in sub zero temps (-20C) I know my daily's do. It takes some driving to get them shifting proper.

I would not worry about it too much unless you plan to winter daily drive the car.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    4328

I'm with Josh on this one. I got a new slave and master, new clutch fluid and new gear oil in the transmission and Mine is hard to shift when it gets down in the single digits +. I would say what you experienced was somewhat normal for these cars. The only thing i haven't changed out on mine is the manual transmission shift gear change bushings. Has anyone changed theirs out? is it difficult? Delorean go sells the kit that has all the new bolts and nuts and bushings and sleeves. I was thinking of doing it to maybe make my gear shifter a bit smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by TheStoot View Post
    I'm with Josh on this one. I got a new slave and master, new clutch fluid and new gear oil in the transmission and Mine is hard to shift when it gets down in the single digits +. I would say what you experienced was somewhat normal for these cars. The only thing i haven't changed out on mine is the manual transmission shift gear change bushings. Has anyone changed theirs out? is it difficult? Delorean go sells the kit that has all the new bolts and nuts and bushings and sleeves. I was thinking of doing it to maybe make my gear shifter a bit smoother.
    It's not too difficult, the one that's just a little tricky is the one inside the channel of the frame, the bell crank. The bell crank shoulder bolt not only has a nut on it (at least it should) but it's also threaded into the frame. Remove the nut first and then unthread the shoulder bolt from the frame. When you install it, make sure you use a new nut if it is a nyloc nut.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2