FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Evap core from Deloreango

My VIN:    6989

Evap core from Deloreango

I have to replace my ac evap core, and unfortunately Delorean is out at the moment.

A friend sent me a link to deloreango with some available. Anyone have any experience with them?

My VIN:    #4595

Arran and the team there are very solid with incredibly fast shipping. I've spent a thousands with them (as well as the other main vendors). You should have no issues.

My VIN:    6313

Heat and A/C Evap core from Deloreango

DeloreanGo got it to me quickly and it fits perfectly. No concerns.
    Jeff
    #6313 (lic: DMC-EV Texas), 25k miles, 100% leather, touchpad, 100% LED, dimmable LED dash, remote door lock & Elvis mod, all A/C vents in kneepads, wedgectomy, escutcheon velcro fix, GM door chimer, custom arm rest/storage/controls...

Smile

I have one in Richmond from Hervey that I did not use.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluxn83 View Post
    I have to replace my ac evap core, and unfortunately Delorean is out at the moment.

A friend sent me a link to deloreango with some available. Anyone have any experience with them?
    I just received an evap core (and heater core) from DeloreanGO. The evap core is a one to one replacement in size and shape. The only thing to note with the DeloreanGO evap core is, it does not come with the fine mesh screen on it, save the the one that's on your old core to transfer it over. It's just hot glued on so it's easy to remove and you can hot glue it onto the new one.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

I have bought quite a bit from DGo. (Injectors, braided lines, fuel distributor, CPR just to name a few). Some of their parts are great, some (like their OE fuel pump) are absolute junk. Given the labor of an evaporator R+R, I would get the best money can buy because you don't want to do it again.
    Last edited by Michael; 12-26-2021 at 02:08 PM.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

DMC Midwest - 815.459.6439 DMCMW Dave's Avatar

My VIN:    (former)05429

Club(s):   (DMWC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I have one in Richmond from Hervey that I did not use.
    Good thing. It's a horrible fit.
    Dave S
    DMC Midwest - retired but helping
    Greenville SC

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

I have the hervey evaporator core in my car and i have regretted it since day one. Luckily though it does not leak. It is significantly smaller than the stock unit, I am suspect of it affecting my AC system performance.

To echo what Michael said, this is a high labour part. I would make sure you are installing a quality unit. Some items sold by Dgo are of very poor quality. I have a history (as well as others) of blowing out bushings of theirs for example. Very scary to have happen on the freeway.
    Last edited by Josh; 12-27-2021 at 01:47 AM.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have the hervey evaporator core in my car and i have regretted it since day one. Luckily though it does not leak. It is significantly smaller than the stock unit, I am suspect of it affecting my AC system performance.

To echo what Michael said, this is a high labour part. I would make sure you are installing a quality unit. Some items sold by Dgo are of very poor quality. I have a history (as well as others) of blowing out bushings of theirs for example. Very scary to have happen on the freeway.
    That aside, DGo's version is the only one I see presently available. Other vendors are OOS. Likewise the heater core.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    That aside, DGo's version is the only one I see presently available. Other vendors are OOS. Likewise the heater core.
    All the vendors get the evap cores from over seas, I wouldn’t be surprised if they get shipments from Ed to sell as he purchases them in large bulk quantities.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast