FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Washing the DeLorean

My VIN:    02261

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by jawn101 View Post
    Does anyone have suggestions for wheel cleaning? Normally I'd just use a Meguiars or similar wheel spray and rinse it off, but the more I learn about the grounds that are directly behind those wheels, the less I want to do that...
    Here is my take on cleaning the DeLorean rims. I use plain old liquid hand soap, water, a cotton rag and a bamboo Chop Stick. The Chop Stick is thin and strong and easy to get inbetween the 45 spokes on the rim. Fingers in general are too big to get inbetween the spokes.
    I set down some cardboard on the ground next to wheel and sit on the cardboard and spend about fifteen minutes per rim. My rims were silver powder coated then clear coated back in early 2008.
    Once a year I use the powder version of Bar Keepers Friend on the stainless and it is the best thing I know of to remove the dirt embedded in the grooves in the SS body panels.

You can see my post number 9 in the thread below.
    Best way to make wheels look new?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?34...heels-look-new
    Mark Vanyo
    Links to DeLorean related web sites!
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?19...s-Part-I-of-II.

Wow! Your car looks like a shinny new proof silver dollar.

Just wondering what you did to make it look so good before you washed it. Mine is kind of reminiscent of lead.

Ed

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

I use Griot's wheel cleaner. I took an old toothbrush and ground it so it fits in between the spokes and heated the tip and bent it upwards so it cleans the whole area. Easier if you remove the wheel and lay it on the ground. That way you can clean the inside of the rim and the brake caliper and wheel well.
    David Teitelbaum

Canon20DFan
    Chopsticks...never thought of that.
    Quote Originally Posted by outatym2001 View Post
    Here is my take on cleaning the DeLorean rims. I use plain old liquid hand soap, water, a cotton rag and a bamboo Chop Stick. The Chop Stick is thin and strong and easy to get inbetween the 45 spokes on the rim. Fingers in general are too big to get inbetween the spokes.
    I set down some cardboard on the ground next to wheel and sit on the cardboard and spend about fifteen minutes per rim. My rims were silver powder coated then clear coated back in early 2008.
    Once a year I use the powder version of Bar Keepers Friend on the stainless and it is the best thing I know of to remove the dirt embedded in the grooves in the SS body panels.

You can see my post number 9 in the thread below.
    Best way to make wheels look new?
    http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?34...heels-look-new

Not in charge....luckily for you Renee_1632's Avatar

My VIN:    01632

I've taken 1632 through a car wash. I chose the cheapest one, so no wax was applied, but it was still a mess. First, my weather stripping isn't what it used to be and my ex boyfriend got completely drenched. Second, the "anti-spot rinse" left spots EVERYWHERE. And the water left over added more spots. Don't waste your money or time.

Now I just wash with soap and water, and the stainless steel sealant from DMC. I really like that stuff.
    Renee

VIN 1632

You know you're a DeLorean owner when "Run DMC" is not an 80's band, but a daily prayer.

Banned

My VIN:    16510 and carbureted

Club(s):   (GCD) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Renee_1632 View Post
    First, my weather stripping isn't what it used to be and my ex boyfriend got completely drenched.
    That's awesome.

Let's see if you bastards can do 90. dvonk's Avatar

My VIN:    loading, please wait...

anyone try the BKF foam spray yet?

Obtain-O-Meter: 128%
    as of 2016/08/04
    0%|====|====|====|====|====50%====|====|====|====|====|100%

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3