FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Ignition switch woes

Ignition switch woes

I have been having intermittent no crank issues which i had had been attributing to the starter solenoid. I would turn the key and nothing would happen and then open and shut the door and she would start right up. Anyway i wish i had gotten the old multimeter out before i changed the starter, and discovered my problem was my ignition switch. It was kinda zip tied to mainta9n contact with thr white read wire and the switch. Anyway i ordered a new ignition switch thinking it might be a pop in replacement, but my current ignition switch appears very different from what i received. I suspect i have a non stock switch and the reems of electrical used to make it fit in the ignition cylinder should have given it away. On my inspection of the workshop manual i am suspecting i should be able to order a new ignition switch actuator part number 116679 to connect the new switch to my cylinder. I cant really find a good picture of this part but i dont believe i have it. Will that part be my only missong link or are there other parts needed to make this work?20220108_220645.jpg20220108_220645.jpg20220108_220645.jpg

Thanks
    Joe p
    1716720220108_220651.jpg

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

That purple white wire was causing my problems as i went over a bump car cut out. Sanded crimped all no issues since.