FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Dmctalk and other DeLorean forum's Facebook page

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Your VIN'S mom

Dmctalk and other DeLorean forum's Facebook page

A private group where members of all the Delorean forums can gather on FB. Hopefully by doing this, we can get to know each other on a more personal and social level.

The one thing we ask is you type your user name(s) in your posts so we can make the connection between here and FB.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1258...695/?ref=share
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

I'm very happy to see so many forum members on FB! Remember to sign your posts with your screen name you use here (that's the whole point of the group, to get to know each other )

Of course signing every reply you make is a bit too much to remember, just the original posts you author is perfect!

So far we are around 60 members!

I don’t see how you can promote FB. It censors people. It wouldn’t bother me if they censored both sides when the discussion is R vs D, but they only censor one side. Not only do they censor politically, they also censor scientifically concerning COVID. That company can rot in h3ll. I realize your site is a car site and those subjects probably aren’t discussed, but why can’t you just steer people here and not support them.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I don’t see how you can promote FB. It censors people. It wouldn’t bother me if they censored both sides when the discussion is R vs D, but they only censor one side. Not only do they censor politically, they also censor scientifically concerning COVID. That company can rot in h3ll. I realize your site is a car site and those subjects probably aren’t discussed, but why can’t you just steer people here and not support them.
    Try talking politics or religion here and see what happens. If you are going to refrain from using FB, then be consistent and stop posting here. I can make the argument that FB is more free than DMCTALK for that very reason.

That's not really the point though. The reason I started the group is since we share our real names on FB and more of ourselves outside the "DeLorean" specific part of us, we could be better acquainted. I've not only made a lot of good friends thaks to FB, but have reconnected with old friends. For all the bad FB can be, as long as you are careful and don't let yourself get caught up in the attention whoring and drama queen BS, it can be a good thing for us who just want to connect, and not air out our dirty laundry to the world who couldn't care less
    Last edited by Michael; 01-10-2022 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Try talking politics or religion here and see what happens. If you are going to refrain from using FB, then be consistent and stop posting here. I can make the argument that FB is more free than DMCTALK for that very reason.
    Here they just don’t want political or religious discussion to ruin the free flow of information on Deloreans. The moderators here are not picking sides. If this web site said “we are not going to allow posts on engine swaps”. That’s OK. But, If this web site permitted posts about the “Stinger engine swap”, but deleted any posts on the “LS swap”, would you stay?

On FB, you are permitted to post politics, if you post the “correct” politics. Big difference.

Anyways, I’ve said my piece, I don’t want this to become political.

Edit, I just saw your edit and I follow your logic. I guess I’m just to sensitive on this subject.

My VIN:    #1283

Club(s):   (SCDC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    So far we are around 60 members!
    I swore off facebook years ago but this seems like a fun group to join!
    VR6 engine (367 rwhp/377 ftlb); Type T4 turbo; A/R=0.70/0.68; Air-to-air intercooler, Megasquirt MS3 Pro, Manual tranny w/ HD output shaft; Remote mounted oil filter.
    Adjustable dampers and ride height springs from QA1/DriveStainless; SS triangulated LCA brackets, boxed in LCAs, PU bushings, ventilated front brake rotors - all from DMCEU; UCAs with -3 deg camber from Reid Performance; 15" rear rims x 4
    http://deloreanvr6conversion.blogspot.com

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Ditto. I would love to join but cannot stomach such a terrible company.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    5591

You couldn't pay me enough money to re-join Facebook and the shithole that place is. No thanks.

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    we miss you in facebook land!

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.