FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: resurfacing rubber center console piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    Attachment 67845

Ignore the dirt. The car is a with children daily driver.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Notice how David T's rant fails to even address the correct part. We're talking about the console cover, often called the console arm rest:

https://store.delorean.com/108239-ce...est-black.html

Which may aid your searches (although most of the matches will end up being to the side bolsters). People have definitely restored these,
    but I don't know what techniques have been used. I have a black one that looked really funky, and ended up painting it; it came out sorta OK but I'm sure you could do better.
    I may have a gray one for sale too.

Well, that's something else again, and as the note says, often wasn't installed at the factory. Anyway, it's not visible; it's for noise.

If it were me, I'd be asking Steve Bano:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5337...93750900976603
    That's me. I recovered my center console pad with a marine vinyl. I glued it down section by section and when I got to the curved areas, I stretched and heated the vinyl to conform with the curves and glued it in place. The key here is lots of patience, using just enough heat (too much and you'll burn the vinyl) and using the correct automotive grade trim glue. I custom cut the vinyl and wanted it all one piece, I hated the look of the stitched one and wanted it to look as close to stock as possible. I was able to work it with virtually no major creases or seams. Here are the pictures during and after:

IMG-0195.jpg IMG-0193.jpg IMG-0194.jpg IMG-0196.jpg IMG-0197.jpg IMG-0204.jpg

Nice work!

My VIN:    03430

Quote Originally Posted by dmcman73 View Post
    That's me. I recovered my center console pad with a marine vinyl. I glued it down section by section and when I got to the curved areas, I stretched and heated the vinyl to conform with the curves and glued it in place. The key here is lots of patience, using just enough heat (too much and you'll burn the vinyl) and using the correct automotive grade trim glue. I custom cut the vinyl and wanted it all one piece, I hated the look of the stitched one and wanted it to look as close to stock as possible. I was able to work it with virtually no major creases or seams. Here are the pictures during and after:

IMG-0195.jpg IMG-0193.jpg IMG-0194.jpg IMG-0196.jpg IMG-0197.jpg IMG-0204.jpg
    Very Nice!

My VIN:    2245

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2