FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Could use some quick help

Could use some quick help

I’m in the process of building a new console. I have the old “arm rest” and window switches out. I’m planing to build all new from the shifter trim back to the back of the seats. I would like to attach some sheet metal to the fiberglass there. I’m thinking of drilling straight down a couple places and using screws in the glass. Probably use a 1/8” drill bit. I will be careful and not drill more than 3/4”.

My question, is there anything I’m likely to hit under there and cause a major problem? I would hate to drill into flux capacitor coolant line or some such.

My VIN:    10207

The fuel accumulator and some fuel hardlines are below the fiberglass under the center console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

Quote Originally Posted by DrWin View Post
    The fuel accumulator and some fuel hardlines are below the fiberglass under the center console.

Been awhile since I checked my accumulator. Is that not in the steel frame? I was just looking at Supercoolbill’s frame. Does anyone know how close the fiberglass is to the steel frame?

My VIN:    10207

Yeah, on the steel frame, under the fiberglass. No idea if you have 1mm clearance, 1 inch or how much excactly.

Please excuse the crudity of this DeLorean as I didn't have time to repair it yet.
    VIN 10207 - December '81, Gray Interior, 3-speed automatic, stock PRV engine.

Looks like I can make use of the stock studs that are glassed in. The console is coming along good. If it looks good when I’m done, I’ll post some pics.

Thanks