FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Excel file of every DeLorean part

Excel file of every DeLorean part

Long shot here but,...I am wondering if anyone here has ever made an excel spreadsheet listing all of the parts for a DeLorean with part numbers, options for replacement, and rough costs?
    I did this for my last resto project. It worked great and I was able to share it with the BMW airhead community in the end but as you can guess it is very time consuming so I am just checking before I do it for the DeLorean.20220123_194036.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Long shot here but,...I am wondering if anyone here has ever made an excel spreadsheet listing all of the parts for a DeLorean with part numbers, options for replacement, and rough costs?
    I did this for my last resto project. It worked great and I was able to share it with the BMW airhead community in the end but as you can guess it is very time consuming so I am just checking before I do it for the DeLorean.20220123_194036.jpg

Well, there's this thread on the topic of crossover or cross referenced parts started in 2011; last posting as of 2 yrs ago.

No, it's not in Excel (it was begun in google docs) but it wouldn't take much to convert that and then import the various inputs from some of the 100+ postings in that thread.

No, I'm not volunteering.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well, there's this thread on the topic of crossover or cross referenced parts started in 2011; last posting as of 2 yrs ago.

No, it's not in Excel (it was begun in google docs) but it wouldn't take much to convert that and then import the various inputs from some of the 100+ postings in that thread.

Thanks Rich. I'll check it out. I did a search but never found this.
    What you don't need another job to do? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Well, there's this thread on the topic ...[snip]...it wouldn't take much to convert that and then import the various inputs from some of the 100+ postings in that thread.

I can build a cross-reference tool that community could use.

But instead of putting it directly in Excel, I would put it in an online database that could be searched via the web, and via the DeLorean Mobile App, or exported to Excel. It could store the internet links and pictures (if available). It could also store information about aftermarket items, such as Dave McKeen's stuff, and others.

Before I do such a thing, what does everyone think the usage might be?

Thomas

Last edited by Citizen; 01-24-2022 at 07:51 AM.
    Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    I can build a cross-reference tool that community could use.

But instead of putting it directly in Excel, I would put it in an online database that could be searched via the web, and via the DeLorean Mobile App, or exported to Excel. It could store the internet links and pictures (if available). It could also store information about aftermarket items, such as Dave McKeen's stuff, and others.

Before I do such a thing, what does everyone think the usage might be?

Thomas

I've been looking hard at this problem. Certainly the aftermarket/crossover is a big part of this. If you know about database, let's talk.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    I've been looking hard at this problem. Certainly the aftermarket/crossover is a big part of this. If you know about database, let's talk.
    PM sent.

Keeper of the DeLorean Owners Directory, at www.DeloreanOwnersDirectory.net

Get the world's only DeLorean Mobile App Here