FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: VIN history report

My VIN:    2690 & 4359

Quote Originally Posted by SupercoolBill View Post
    I checked it out to see what you were talking about. I don't get it. What is the point of it? It looks like people put in their own vehicles information so it is their for other people to view. Is that correct?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Just car people sharing car stuff. I found these guys several years back through YouTube because Ed hung out with Tyler and Freddie who did some story telling back when they were still in the warehouse.

The VinWiki app itself is intended to crowd source information on specific VINs if people have it and wish to disclose it. This data is vetted as social media tends to do and can be considered a reasonable baseline at the very least. This is useful for researching peculiar cars and provides a safer method for people to reach out regarding specific VINs if they should happen to own a vehicle that has a lot of its history documented through VinWiki. For instance, they recovered a number of stolen super cars through this application. Others have documented accidents and subsequent repairs that may have otherwise begged off a potential buyer for a car with a salvage/rebuilt title. Things like that.

You mentioned the car was possibly originally from Michigan. There were a few dealers here, and one of the bigger ones was Dan Pfeiffer in Grand Rapids, MI. I went to visit them around 2002 or 2003 because I heard they still had a bunch of Delorean parts stock. They were nice enough to let me tour the old parts. Sadly they didn't want to sell. And very soon after that the outbuilding where all those parts were stored burned to the ground. Total loss.

In another building they had a few "new" Deloreans. Never registered. This was early 2000s. Maybe your Delorean shared a similar history in that it wasn't titled until mid 90's.

You could check with them to see if maybe they were the original dealership for your car. No idea if they'd have that info but figured I'd share my story and see if it helps you out. You could also search for all the original dealerships in Michigan and start making cold calls.
    https://www.deloreandirectory.com/ar...n-dealer-list/

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4