FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Motor Company (DMC) Texas threatening to sue Delorean owners now

My VIN:    Ask one of the online stalkers.

So the new cars are still coming?
    I love my DMC! I can't speak highly enough of it!

>>>So the new cars are still coming?

Sounded like he said not any time soon, but maybe I misread.

Well, that was an interesting read. Kudos to James for writing. (He didn’t have to) And I don’t suppose it will settle anything.

My VIN:    Ask one of the online stalkers.

Quote Originally Posted by gullwingD View Post
    >>>So the new cars are still coming?

Sounded like he said not any time soon, but maybe I misread.
    If you haven't figured it out from my user name, I have ZERO faith in Houston's abilities to make a competent product; let alone a car.
    I love my DMC! I can't speak highly enough of it!

My VIN:    03500

This was just posted! It's just weird!

https://youtu.be/EnAQclTEc10

It's from DMCH

Dave B.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Low volume vehicle law is pretty clear that any car produced under that act must look like the original vehicle. DMC still clinging on to that non DeLorean car may hint that they are completely abandoning the act that has pretty much stalled. Perhaps they are going to purchase all or part of some obscure low production car company that has already jumped through all the government hoops and has a car already completed.

If there is some sort of collaboration, all they need to do is slap a "DMC" badge on it and call it a day.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by DMCH James View Post
    SonnyV thing was a mistake I made

SW bought out the inventory of DeLorean parts from Kapac in 1996, not 1998. In the early days DMC owning the Kapac inventory, the goal was to get more service centers, not more mail-order parts sellers. What the DeLorean community needed was DeLorean-specialized service, not more ads in the back of DeLorean World

As far as our ending of our relationship with Toby, in general terms, we discovered he was grossly violating the terms of agreement he signed when he came on with DMC. He was unable or unwilling to remedy those violations in a manner that would allow him to continue as a DMC dealer.
    A few observations - I was still buying wholesale from Kapac in 1997, and attended their open house 10/31/97. If they sold out to SW a year earlier that's news to me, but it would explain some of what was observed there. 'Nuf said. My earlier comment was not about "more mail-order parts sellers", it was about supporting existing ones that had been very successfully filling an apparent void, with lower costs, for many years. My inventory, probably second only to theirs in size, was viewed as competition - especially since my prices were lower due to my low acquisition costs. (Note that DMCH's low acquisition costs did not result in similar lower prices...). That inventory in Toby's hands plus the proprietary and very successful door opener and door lock actuator kits I pioneered, now sold as DPNW's "Wings Aloft" products, are no doubt what caused his "violation". DMCH probably couldn't handle the competition so kicked him to the curb. All in all I have no regrets about moving on, but it was directly caused by SW and DMCH.

McDonalds may not sell french fries to Burger King, but they can both sell them without one forcing the other out of business. Especially when they didn't invent the potato.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

>>McDonalds may not sell french fries to Burger King, but they can both sell them without one forcing the other out of business. Especially when they didn't invent the potato.[/QUOTE]
    well said

My VIN:    Midproduction

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Low volume vehicle law is pretty clear that any car produced under that act must look like the original vehicle. DMC still clinging on to that non DeLorean car may hint that they are completely abandoning the act that has pretty much stalled. Perhaps they are going to purchase all or part of some obscure low production car company that has already jumped through all the government hoops and has a car already completed.

If there is some sort of collaboration, all they need to do is slap a "DMC" badge on it and call it a day.
    ^THIS!! Or some failed italdesign project that will be salvaged by slapping a DMC logo on it.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

I want parts not leggings sold to me by an interracial couple
    Alex Brooks

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast