FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Delorean Motor Company (DMC) Texas threatening to sue Delorean owners now

Unlike some here, I don’t have a negative opinion of DMCH. I don’t mind them making decisions designed to make them money. (That is the purpose of business) I haven’t found them to be a problem when I need service. All that said, I don’t think this will go far, if it’s true.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    Unlike some here, I don’t have a negative opinion of DMCH. I don’t mind them making decisions designed to make them money. (That is the purpose of business) I haven’t found them to be a problem when I need service. All that said, I don’t think this will go far, if it’s true.
    I don't have anything bad to say about them aside from this incident.

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by Malevy View Post
    Ha! I was just thinking of you the other day.. Wondered how you were doing. Good to see you!
    Here every day, keeping you guys in line (?) and occasionally defending my legacy. At 72 I'm no longer into DeLoreans but am back to my roots building street rods, currently a '57 Dodge 2-door wagon with 2019 hemi, Chrysler 300 independent rear end and all the goodies. BLWNAWY is somewhere in the Seattle area but seldom seen. Hope you are doing well.
    1981 DeLorean w/supercharged Chevy V6 - purchased 1990; built '90-'95; sold 2005; re-purchased 2016; sold again 2017
    1957 Dodge D500 Hemi convertible - restoration completed 7/2015; sold 12/2019
    1957 Dodge 2-door station wagon, 2019 Chrysler drivetrain
    2000 Corvette convertible

My VIN:    2883

DMC Texas are a business, therefore they are in this to make money. They are not a charity. They own the copyright to the name and logo, therefore have every right to defend it.
    They bought those rights when nobody wanted them and have done very well out of it. All power to them.
    Dave, you keep saying "fake" DMC. Where on their website does it say they are the original DeLorean Motor Company? I've owned my DeLorean for 20+ years and I have never heard
    them claim to be the original company. You also say they want to build the company up to sell it for a profit. Even if this is true, so what? You want your business/es to make money, right?
    So many people on here obviously have a huge axe to grind with DMC. I have done business with all the vendors over many years, I've never had a problem with DMC, certainly can't say that
    about the others.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

My VIN:    10515

They are called Fake DMC because they *ARE* pretending to be DMC, the company that invented, designed, built, and sold our DeLorean cars. Of course they aren't saying that they built the original cars, but they do everything they can to make people THINK they are the original company.

As for businesses making money - I'm a business person, and I whole-heartedly support companies making money. However, I'm also a huge customer service fanatic - and I have countless stories and some personal experiences with Fake DMC and their lack of customer service toward owners. They simply do NOT care about owner or the cars. When you have fewer than 4,500 of ANY specialty product in the world, you DO NOT piss off or offend the people who own those products - instead, you nurture the relationships and become part of the community. Fake DMC has failed wildly at that for many years. (UNLESS you have a huge wallet and you keep giving them cash.)

It's time the world learned about Fake DMC's awful customer service and lack of interest in our community. Owners need to support the few independent DeLorean shops out there who aren't under the thumb of Fake DMC. Here's a great list to start with: www.DeLoreanDirectory.com/service - these businesses CARE about us and our cars.

Here's the take away from this thread... Even Disney understands that they make MORE money by allowing fans to use their name (in domains names, websites, and custom made merchandise) because the fandom increases overall revenue and creates MORE fans. Fake DMC is trying to bully and intimate people and they aren't smart enough to recognize how badly their hurting the trademark they bought.

My VIN:    2883

Dave how are they pretending to be the original DMC? In the mid 90s they bought the rights to use the name and logo of a long defunct company. Nowhere on their website or in any of their communications do they claim to be the original company. If people wrongly assume they are then how is that their fault? I have never seen or heard them claim to be the original DMC. This notion that they are somehow wanting to pass themselves off as a continuation of the Belfast operation is complete nonsense. Its a shame you’ve had such bad experiences with them and obviously have a vendetta against DMC ,but my experiences have only been positive over many years.
    Cheers,
    Andrew

My VIN:    10644

Quote Originally Posted by dtavres View Post
    Even Disney understands that they make MORE money by allowing fans to use their name (in domains names, websites, and custom made merchandise)
    Don’t you run mousemingle.com? Do you seriously think you’d get away with disneydating.com?

The attached screenshot is from a friend. The company he’s referring to is Disney.

B979E09F-E3F1-4282-AC8F-574BD2126B57.jpg
    Last edited by BladeBronson; 02-09-2022 at 01:43 AM.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    10515

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    Do you seriously think you’d get away with disneydating.com?
    Actually, yes... Disney legal called me after Saturday Night Live made fun of MouseMingle... they didn't care about www.DateDisney.com or www.DisneylandRailroad.com or www.DisneySingles.com or www.BestOfDisneyAwards.com or www.TheDisneylandNews.com or www.WaltDisneysApartment.com or... (get it? Even Disney is GENERALLY okay with people who support their brand.)

Fake DMC doesn't care about the DeLorean community.

My VIN:    10644

Huh, that is really surprising. I wonder if it's because these redirect to properties named Mouse Mingle and Walt's Apartment. If you actually branded your site, "Disney Singles" and used that URL, the laywers on the next floor would probably handle you.

Back to DMC stuff... I get it, you don't like DMCH. It's pretty clear from this post that you're going to flood the board with "Fake DMC" for some sort of SEO revenge. Please don't; it's just cringy.

FWIW, I've bought parts from them for over 20 years and have always experienced very professional service, accurate inventory, and excellent packaging and labeling. I'm no zealot or devotee though. They continue to earn my business.
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

Did anyone stop to think that "maybe" these C&D's are going out to line up with a possible lawsuit with "Ty"? I mean, if they went to court with this guy and they only sent him a C&D for using the Delorean name and no one else, it wouldn't look too good.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast