FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Seat Covers

My VIN:    10644

I used Houston’s seat covers a few months ago. It’s hardly noticeable, but the color of the leather seems slightly warmer than the center console. Almost as if a single drop of red got mixed into the dye. Otherwise, looks and feels great.
    89EC6F33-19F1-4052-A974-75B403E0467C.jpg
    Christian Williams, Bay Area
    #3452 from 2000-2005
    #10644 since 2015

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    I used Houston’s seat covers a few months ago. It’s hardly noticeable, but the color of the leather seems slightly warmer than the center console. Almost as if a single drop of red got mixed into the dye. Otherwise, looks and feels great.
    Thank you for sharing your picture! It looks like they fixed the issue with the headrest neck. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on these now.
    Louie Golden

Got mine from DMCMW. No issues. Fit is good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BladeBronson View Post
    89EC6F33-19F1-4052-A974-75B403E0467C.jpg
    Could also be a the center console has aged? I noticed that too when I was helping a friend with his seats. Well at least that's what we thought. I will say though your seats look great.

I ended up going with the Original Material seat covers from DeLoreanGo. They arrived yesterday and are beautiful (and quite fragrant). I removed the seats from the car and just need to work out getting them installed. I'll post pictures of the finished product. Thank y'all for all the responses!

Attached Images
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    I removed the seats from the car and just need to work out getting them installed.
    Will sir be attempting that himself?

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Will sir be attempting that himself?
    I've replaced seat covers before before but I am going to have a professional do it this time. Since I paid extra for the DeLoreanGo seat covers I figured it makes sense to go ahead and spend extra money to make sure they are really fitted properly too.
    Louie Golden

Quotes to get the seats recovered here in Austin ended up being far more expensive than I anticipated and shops were on weeks to months long delays. So I found an upholstery shop in San Marcos about 30 miles south of Austin and they were able to do the job in a day and for significantly less. The installation isn't 100% perfect, but I'm extremely pleased with how everything turned out. It's amazing how the seat covers have transformed the entire car. I'm also surprised how supple the stock leather is when "new." Next on the list is to get the steering wheel recovered. I'm so pleased with DeLoreanGo for my seat covers that I'll be using them for the steering wheel, too.

Louie Golden

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    Quotes to get the seats recovered here in Austin ended up being far more expensive than I anticipated and shops were on weeks to months long delays. So I found an upholstery shop in San Marcos about 30 miles south of Austin and they were able to do the job in a day and for significantly less. The installation isn't 100% perfect, but I'm extremely pleased with how everything turned out. It's amazing how the seat covers have transformed the entire car. I'm also surprised how supple the stock leather is when "new." Next on the list is to get the steering wheel recovered. I'm so pleased with DeLoreanGo for my seat covers that I'll be using them for the steering wheel, too.

Can you tell us how much you paid? I just picked up finally some black ones, and although I could probably make a half-assed attempt, I'm not sure I want to. I have a local guy here who did a great job with repair a while back with redoing a seam in one seat and refitting it,
    etc. I think that was $120. My expectation is that it's going to be $300-$400 to refit both seats.

Quote Originally Posted by MrChocky View Post
    Can you tell us how much you paid? I just picked up finally some black ones, and although I could probably make a half-assed attempt, I'm not sure I want to. I have a local guy here who did a great job with repair a while back with redoing a seam in one seat and refitting it,
    etc. I think that was $120. My expectation is that it's going to be $300-$400 to refit both seats.
    Going in I was thinking $300-$400 as well and was in for some serious sticker shock. Every place I called in Austin wanted $900-$1,000 labor for both seats. I ended up paying $650.
    Louie Golden

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast