FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Seat Covers

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Before deciding to recover the steering wheel, price an NOS one. It could be less expensive to replace it than recover it. There are also kits you can buy to repair the leather, try Leatherique.com.
    David Teitelbaum

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Before deciding to recover the steering wheel, price an NOS one. It could be less expensive to replace it than recover it.
    Early one from DMCH, $480. Late one, good luck. From DGo $520 to $920 depending upon core. DPI "Call for price".

Even finding a used steering wheel is challenging.

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    Before deciding to recover the steering wheel, price an NOS one. It could be less expensive to replace it than recover it. There are also kits you can buy to repair the leather, try Leatherique.com.
    My current steering wheel leather is toast; there are a couple of sizeable chunks missing and it's shrunken and pulled away from the spokes near the center pad. Since my center pad also needs to be replaced it's actually slightly cheaper to have everything recovered by DeLoreanGo. I love that DeLoreanGo uses the proper leather and stitching patterns and recovers the center pad to match, too.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Quote Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
    My current steering wheel leather is toast; there are a couple of sizeable chunks missing and it's shrunken and pulled away from the spokes near the center pad. Since my center pad also needs to be replaced it's actually slightly cheaper to have everything recovered by DeLoreanGo. I love that DeLoreanGo uses the proper leather and stitching patterns and recovers the center pad to match, too.
    Check with PJ Grady. Last time I was there (a while ago) he had a bunch of them.
    David Teitelbaum

Quotes to get the seats recovered here in Austin ended up being far more expensive than I anticipated and shops were on weeks to months long delays. So I found an upholstery shop in San Marcos about 30 miles south of Austin and they were able to do the job in a day and for significantly less. The installation isn't 100% perfect, but I'm extremely pleased with how everything turned out. It's amazing how the seat covers have transformed the entire car. I'm also surprised how supple the stock leather is when "new." Next on the list is to get the steering wheel recovered. I'm so pleased with DeLoreanGo for my seat covers that I'll be using them for the steering wheel, too.

Which option covers are these from DGo? The more or less expensive ones?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

My VIN:    1710

Quote Originally Posted by camaro430sut View Post
    Which option covers are these from DGo? The more or less expensive ones?
    They are the Original Material ones:

https://www.deloreango.com/us/origin...at-covers.html
    Louie Golden

They are the Original Material ones:

https://www.deloreango.com/us/origin...at-covers.html
    They look great!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

My VIN:    10187

Club(s):   (DCVA) (DCUK)

For anyone with the L-Seat covers, do they slip in over an existing upholstered seat or do you have to tear out the old leather/vinyl down to the foam?

My VIN:    03572

Quote Originally Posted by mwesten View Post
    For anyone with the L-Seat covers, do they slip in over an existing upholstered seat or do you have to tear out the old leather/vinyl down to the foam?
    You remove the old covers. They are not just a slip on. You have to pull and tug and fasten with hog nose rings.
    Dave M vin 03572
    http://dm-eng.weebly.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3