FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any info on the debut of the new Delorean at Pebble Beach?

My VIN:    1710

I could be off base... but I get the impression that the vehicle being unveiled at Pebble Beach (which has zero to do with the original cars) killed the plan to build new "classic" DeLoreans. The new DMC-Texas website has stripped all mentions of the reproduction cars and only has info on history of the original company, history of the DMC-Texas company, and info on sales/service/restoration/parts.
    Louie Golden

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Photo: ItalDesign Delorean flashes rear end, and it ain't your father's time machine

Seen in today's The Manifold column by Hagerty as well as on some other sites:

Link: ItalDesign Delorean flashes rear end, and it ain't your father's time machine

It's only one teaser photo of the left rear of the concept car plus a schedule update.

The car will be unveiled 3 days earlier than previously announced, now on Aug. 18, presumably somewhere in the Pebble Beach or Monterey area. It's still due to be on the Concepts Lawn at the PB Concours on Aug. 21.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    * 5945 * Oct, 31, 1981. FranKenDeLorean

Club(s):   (DCF)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Seen in today's The Manifold column by Hagerty as well as on some other sites:

Link: ItalDesign Delorean flashes rear end, and it ain't your father's time machine

It's only one teaser photo of the left rear of the concept car plus a schedule update.

The car will be unveiled 3 days earlier than previously announced, now on Aug. 18, presumably somewhere in the Pebble Beach or Monterey area. It's still due to be on the Concepts Lawn at the PB Concours on Aug. 21.
    Thank goodness its not that DaVinci model with a slap on Delorean badge. I was getting disappointed there for awhile.
    ** A wave is like an empty canvas, waiting for a masterpiece -- unknown **
    ** VIN 5945 - FranKenDeLorean Oct 31, 1981 ** SpaceCoast, FL, USA ** DMCTalk Member/DMCOwner Since 2005

Now, to try avoid seeing any pics of the car before I get to Pebble Beach.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachdrifter View Post
    Thank goodness its not that DaVinci model with a slap on Delorean badge. I was getting disappointed there for awhile.
    Maybe it is the DaVinci with a slightly different rear end. How many brand new gull wing door cars is ItalDesign introducing right now?

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Multiple "New" DeLoreans?

So now the "new delorean" is not just one car but a family of cars? A bunch of articles below. Most just reference the first link where CEO Joost de Vries talks about it on a podcast. I guess multiple models will be revealed at pebble beach too. I wish them all the luck, but given the past history of "new" DeLoreans - I will believe it when the first customer drives one home.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/6ip0txHIJodzn1y9mztDmO

https://cleantechnica.com/2022/04/08...odels-in-2022/

https://motorillustrated.com/delorea...-models/96626/

https://gadgettendency.com/the-new-d...an-and-amg-gt/

https://electrek.co/2022/04/07/delor...ull-winged-ev/
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

I think it’s a mistake to launch a “family of cars”. I also think it’s a mistake to do away with stainless skin. But I guess it’s good for us owners. I think it will drive up values. The only problem with that is I probably won’t benefit. (My heirs will)

Nit-picking customer(as seen on TV) Iznodmad's Avatar

My VIN:    #5000 (Grey, manual, SS chassis, intercooled twin turbo), #16128 (Grey, auto, efi twin turbo), #888

Club(s):   (DCVA) (SEDOC) (DCUK)

JZD himself wanted to do other cars and vehicles too. The sedan (4 seater), DMC 80 bus. He did manage to do LMC snow cats and groomers. And dmc airline luggage tow
    Tractors. I can’t say I am not surprised they are talking up a big game. So far all we have is a render. August is approaching. Quickly.

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

It's basically going to be a commercial for the brand. The DeLorean name will simply be the means to an end. It's like the girl you took to homecoming prom. You didn't want to marry her, but you did use to her to promote your own awesomeness.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's basically going to be a commercial for the brand. The DeLorean name will simply be the means to an end. It's like the girl you took to homecoming prom. You didn't want to marry her, but you did use to her to promote your own awesomeness.
    Well said. No way I would marry the girl I took to high school events.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast