FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have any info on the debut of the new Delorean at Pebble Beach?

Anyone have any info on the debut of the new Delorean at Pebble Beach?

I would like to make a family trip out of the "unavailing".

My VIN:    0934

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by L3V3L1 View Post
    I would like to make a family trip out of the "unavailing".
    The annual Pebble Beach Concours is a bucket list event for any auto enthusiast. This year it's scheduled for Sunday, August 21.

Use this link to plan your day there. Consider taking in some of the other Monterey Car Week events to make the most of the trip.

According to the news DeLorean Motors Reimagined's car will be with other concept cars on the Concept Lawn, a prestigious location adjacent to the concours field. Here are the concept cars shown on the Concept Lawn last year. Scroll through the photo gallery at the end of that link to see more than just 4 of the concepts there.

Access to the Concept Lawn is included with general admission to the concours. Those cars are roped off, unlike the ones on the concours field, so don't expect to be next to any of them unless you know somebody on the far side of the rope line.

The unveiling? The concept cars aren't usually unveiled during that event. They're already in position, uncovered, before the gates open. Some of them may be unveiled in advance at a related private event offsite.

General Adm. tix cost $425 in advance. Admission includes offsite parking, shuttle service and a program. It's a family trip? Kids under 12 are free.

Finding accommodations in and around Monterey that week is a challenge so consider booking well in advance.
    Last edited by Rich; 02-26-2022 at 06:29 PM.
    March '81, 5-speed, black interior

My VIN:    02855

Club(s):   (NCDMC) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    The annual Pebble Beach Concours is a bucket list event for any auto enthusiast. This year it's scheduled for Sunday, August 21.

Finding accommodations in and around Monterey that week is a challenge so consider booking well in advance.
    in other words, book now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post

Use this link to plan your day there. Consider taking in some of the other Monterey Car Week events to make the most of the trip.

According to the news DeLorean Motors Reimagined's car will be with other concept cars on the Concept Lawn, a prestigious location adjacent to the concours field. Here are the concept cars shown on the Concept Lawn last year. Scroll through the photo gallery at the end of that link to see more than just 4 of the concepts there.

Access to the Concept Lawn is included with general admission to the concours. Those cars are roped off, unlike the ones on the concours field, so don't expect to be next to any of them unless you know somebody on the far side of the rope line.

The unveiling? The concept cars aren't usually unveiled during that event. They're already in position, uncovered, before the gates open. Some of them may be unveiled in advance at a related private event offsite.

General Adm. tix cost $425 in advance. Admission includes offsite parking, shuttle service and a program. It's a family trip? Kids under 12 are free.

Great info, thanks.
    And yes, I meant "unveiling"😂

My VIN:    <2000

Club(s):   (DCF)

Wish I could be there! I was fortunate to be able to stop by Pebble Beach with my wife during a vacation in California several years ago. It was a beautiful spot. Looking forward to pictures of the concept.
    Dana

1981 DeLorean DMC-12 (5 Speed, Gas Flap, Black Interior, Windshield Antenna, Dark Gray)
    Restored as "mostly correct, but with flaws corrected". Pictures and comments of my restoration are in the albums section on my profile.
    1985 Chevrolet Corvette, Z51, 4+3 manual
    2006 Dodge Magnum R/T (D/D)
    2010 Camaro SS (Transformers Edition)

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Basically the unveiling of the Ital Design Davinci - again.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    5999

I wonder how this car is going to fit into their business plan, now that the "low volume motor vehicle manufacturing act" has finally passed. I mean, Houston can just start building the actual car with the NOS parts right now. Are they still planning on doing that?

I don't really think its practical for them. There's just too many parts that are now unavailable. Some, like the front fender and the left taillight (among others) are critical and despite long standing indications that these would be reproduced, they remain unavailable. They likely got a good deal selling the DeLorean name (and perhaps some percentage of future sales as well) and the company producing the car gets to take advantage of the DeLorean notoriety. We don't know the terms of the deal but the company producing the car would Undoubtedly want an non-compete agreement to not produce NOS DeLoreans.

Ron

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post
    I don't really think its practical for them. There's just too many parts that are now unavailable. Some, like the front fender and the left taillight (among others) are critical and despite long standing indications that these would be reproduced, they remain unavailable. They likely got a good deal selling the DeLorean name (and perhaps some percentage of future sales as well) and the company producing the car gets to take advantage of the DeLorean notoriety. We don't know the terms of the deal but the company producing the car would Undoubtedly want an non-compete agreement to not produce NOS DeLoreans.

Ron
    Good news is DPI is in the process of getting left taillights reproduced. Its a start.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by DMC-Ron View Post

Ron
    I don't think they are genuinely out of LFFs or rear taillights. As a reply noted on the latter, at least one effort is underway to make some more; and as such, an awful lot have appeared for sale in the last few weeks. I'm sure DMCH have plenty stashed away.
    As for the LFFs, others have noted plenty in evidence during the factory tour videos. I'm sure DMCH have well planned for this, and are quite capable of making at least a small number of cars.

However, if you've been looking for parts in the DMCH store recently, you'll notice an awful lot of more "regular" items are OOS. Whether this is entirely or partly due to supply chain issues, that's a matter of speculation, and how much it impacts
    their ability to assemble a car is not for me to say.

What's perhaps more surprising, is that nothing has been mentioned now that act has passed - since this was such a big deal for such a very long time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast