FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Delorean Engine - Short block+goodies In SoCal

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Delorean Engine - Short block+goodies In SoCal

$800 OBO

I'm moving and am better off parting with my spare engine. Approximately 40k miles. It was removed under unfortunate pretenses due to bad compression, but when returned to me after the replacement was already installed I found that the mechanic had failed at a previous valve job and bent the valves resulting in the poor compression - if the heads had been rebuilt it would have been fine but that's not what happened...

Valley of death is solid - no funky repairs. There is light scarring on the pistons but I had an engine rebuilder look at it and he felt it was fine as is. If a oil pan gasket was installed, head gaskets and heads installed, it would run fine as is or you can rebuild it to as-new.

The engine is being sold then as a short block complete with all internals, sump, oil pan, pickup. oil pump, timing chains, tensioners, timing chain cover, all plugs many sensors etc. I'll throw in a set of aftermarket pistons I picked up that were designed for high lift valves. Also includes engine stand, OEM starter, exhaust manifold pipes, crossover pipe, early muffler, new water pump, probably some exhaust brackets and at least one rocker assembly (one arm at least needs replacing - works but loud).

I have no interest in dealing with crating and shipping, I just did that on a rear quarter and it was a PITA. Prefer local pickup in Santa Clarita CA but I'll also deliver in Southern California for $2 a mile round trip from zip code 91350.

I do have Heads and cams available but I'm thinking I'll hold onto those unless someone is really desperate for them to come with the engine at the right price.

Buyer also gets dibs on interior parts and other goodies I don't have time to list right now...

Tom

My VIN:    Yes.

Club(s):   (DCO) (DMA) (DCUK)

"TTait has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

My VIN:    03238 Grey & Black Hybrid - Auto - work in progress Former owner 10902 - Universal 93 Raffle Car

Sorry, fixed...

Or Best Offer