FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Identifying some sounds...

Identifying some sounds...

Hi folks, so it's getting warm out here and most of the salt has been washed off the roads in the midwest, so I'm getting some seat time in the Delorean. Two sounds came to my attention, and I wanted to ask about them:

1-as soon as I cross 4k RPM, I am noticing a sound from the engine bay that sounds a tiny bit like a slipping belt, but with a more metallic ring to it. See the attached video; it's audible as I cross the 4k RPM threshold, it only kicks in there. Is this normal? Not? Any ideas? I recently installed a new alternator and belt. it seems to be working normally, and under the proper tension.

2-Over the last year, I rebuilt my suspension, steering rack, and brakes. In a literal sense, every moving part there is either brand new, or blasted and painted. I had the alignment done, restored my wheels, and put new tires on. At the front end, it should be a brand new car. When I turn the wheel all the way to the left or right, I get a slight clicking noise. It sounds similar to a failing CV joint, but with less frequency, if that makes sense. Any ideas on what this could be?

Thanks for the help!

Senior Member - Owner since 2003 Patrick C's Avatar

My VIN:    1880

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

Take the belt off the alternator for a few seconds and see if the noise goes away. Maybe your alternator fins hitting something at higher RPMs?
    Patrick C.
    VIN 1880