FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: DeLorean Alpha 5 is revealed

My VIN:    10907

I've been getting a lot of emails from the "Classic DMC" side lately, almost as if someone realized that maybe they made a mistake by treating the real DeLorean as an afterthought...

My VIN:    10270

Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    I legitimately forgot this thing even existed. That is if you can even count building one prototype as existing in the first place.
    Is prototype the right word? It's more of a coachbuilt demo.

The red car is built on a Taycan. They posted a build photo that shows the characteristic suspension & frame of the Porsche.

https://www.facebook.com/deloreanmot...59149636334401

A5.jpg

This would be maybe the best way to go if they could fetch a steady stream of wrecked Taycans on copart.
    Luke S :: 10270 :: 82 Grey 5-Speed :: Single Watercooled T3 .60/.48 :: Borla Exhaust :: MSD Ignition :: MS3X Fully SFI Odd-fire EFI :: DevilsOwn Methanol Injection

My VIN:    6125

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post

The red car is built on a Taycan.
    Interesting, I did not know that. Kinda makes what they showed at the big reveal even more of a joke (if that's even possible) since they just re-worked the body of an existing platform.

Are the 88 "production" cars supposed to built the same way? Or is the intention to design their own chassis/powertrain?

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

Quote Originally Posted by FABombjoy View Post

The red car is built on a Taycan. They posted a build photo that shows the characteristic suspension & frame of the Porsche.

https://www.facebook.com/deloreanmot...59149636334401

A5.jpg

This would be maybe the best way to go if they could fetch a steady stream of wrecked Taycans on copart.
    Even less interested now in 'Alpha 5'. I own a Taycan and it's incredible.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

Motors about after dark Michael's Avatar

My VIN:    Banged your VIN'S mom

Quote Originally Posted by DaraSue View Post
    I've been getting a lot of emails from the "Classic DMC" side lately, almost as if someone realized that maybe they made a mistake by treating the real DeLorean as an afterthought...
    Same here. I miss the good old days when I received my quarterly issues of DeLorean World with 44 pages of DMCH adverts and 6 pages of info and I visited the website for the latest Christmas Tree ornaments and DMC branded notepads. I remember with fondness every few years about "new DeLoreans", (sometimes old Solstice= New DeLorean) and we would just laugh and say "That's just James, he is harmless."
    That was all traded for the short lived bottle rocket, (without report) signaling the end of all DeLorean hype. Even now most all motor journalists must know the truth of what we knew 10 years ago....

There is no spoon.
    http://dmctalk.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=90&dateline=161808992  9

My VIN:    Ask one of the online stalkers.

You can totally trust that there is a new car coming and that it wasn't just an elaborate scheme to collect money for nothing and to sell the DeLorean name and logo in a con game from one group of IP thieves to another.

You heard it from me: There will be new DeLoreans! You know you can trust Sonny V.
    I love my DMC! I can't speak highly enough of it!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9