FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Auction Results

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

Auction Results

Just got my Hemmings Motor News and at the RM Sotheby's auction in AZ a very low mileage, all original Delorean sold for $123,200. Now before everyone gets excited, this is very rare, the car only had 175 miles on it. It does set the upper limit (at least for now). This will be the Delorean that all others are judged and appraised against and will help to increase the average sale price ($58,000). For the short term everyone should talk to their insurance broker and make sure their car is not under-insured. If you are thinking of selling, this may be a good time, prices are way up.
    David Teitelbaum

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

They're going higher especially with DaVinci release in August. The $248K sale price for the Kia-powered car last year was crazy.
    I'm all dialed in with Hagerty for coverage. Good news is I have a great 7K Stage II example that the PO didn't drive it enough, but I will.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    11408

Club(s):   (DMWC) (TXDMC) (DCUK) (DOI)

There have been several six figure cars sell in the past few years. Bring A Trailer has sold the majority of them.
    All of them have something in common, they are modified. BTTF replicas, and as mentioned the Kia swapped car is second in value only to the A Car.

Supercharged 5.3L LS4 + Porsche 6spd
    [email protected]
    lsdelorean.com
    I am not affiliated with Delorean Midwest in anyway.

My VIN:    10309

There are not a lot of potential investments out there right now. Rising interest rates have killed the stock market and the investment housing market. The Feds
    plan on 4 more interest rate hikes this year further destroying stocks and rental properties. Gold, silver, ha. So what is left to invest in? Deloreans.

I just upped my insurance to 60K. I guess it might not be enough soon. Of course, mine is high miles. That’s one of those things I don’t agree with. Low miles mean something when the car is a few years old, but When you have a 175 mile car that is 40 years old, you know that car is not road worthy. To me, it is of less value than a higher mile car that is driven regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Helirich View Post
    I just upped my insurance to 60K. I guess it might not be enough soon. Of course, mine is high miles. That’s one of those things I don’t agree with. Low miles mean something when the car is a few years old, but When you have a 175 mile car that is 40 years old, you know that car is not road worthy. To me, it is of less value than a higher mile car that is driven regularly.
    When a 40 year old car only has 175 miles, roadworthiness means nothing. How road worthy does it have to be to sit in a garage?

My VIN:    1561

Quote Originally Posted by cdrusn View Post
    So what is left to invest in? Deloreans.
    You could go full grandpa and pick up some Series I bonds at 9.6%
    Todd, VIN 1561

http://1561project.com

Quote Originally Posted by todd1561 View Post
    You could go full grandpa and pick up some Series I bonds at 9.6%
    +1 for series I bonds but read the details carefully. Must hold for 5 years or take a 3 month interest penalty. Also no withdrawal for one year. Maximum purchase is $10,000 per year. Will keep up with inflation but not make anyone rich. Good place to hole up waiting for the new President.
    Last edited by cdrusn; 06-11-2022 at 11:36 AM.

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

As in past periods of economic uncertainty, money is flowing out of Wall Street (stocks, bonds, etc) and into physical assets like real estate, gold, and collectables, driving up prices. The main rule to follow is diversification. Don't put all of your money into one kind of investment. Growth is not the main factor, preservation of capital is the goal.
    David Teitelbaum

Smart strategy. Except, with mortgage rates almost doubling, investment real estate would only be available for those with cash. When inventory for sale
    goes up, prices will steady or at least be negotiable unlike up till now it's been a sellers market. Gold and silver have never been a good investment except to
    protect against total loss. Frankly right now there are no good investments. Save as much money as you can and then when the market turns you will be ready.
    A very wise financial guru, Charles J. Givens had the best advice: It's not how much you make it's how much you keep.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast