FRAMING JOHN DELOREAN - ON VOD www.framingjohndeloreanfilm.com

Thread: Abandoned delorean i found Bend Oregon

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Abandoned delorean i found Bend Oregon

I’ve known where this was for a long time but it has been kept under a cover in a hotel parking lot in Bend Oregon
    I drove by that part of town today and I saw the cover was off, so stopped and took some pictures
    It appears the owner has passed away and the car has been turned in memorial for him.

the address and location the quality inn 20600 Grandview Dr., Bend, OR 97701
    The owner’s family still owns the hotel. Phone number for the hotel is 541-639-4078

A few years ago I tired to be friend the owner and he wanted nothing to do with me and was quite rude the car does not run and has not since the 90s
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Alex Brooks; 08-04-2022 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Submit before I was finished
    Alex Brooks

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

That car needs to be rescued.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    03500

I find it sad that people have a connection to a loved ones possessions so strongly that they rather watch something rot into the ground than pass off there passion too someone that would keep it alive. I just find this part of people's thought process strange. I know all people grieve different but this I will never understand.
    This car looks too good for that.
    I also don't get the people that hoard cars and let them rot. I've known a few of them myself.

Dave B.
    Last edited by WHO1DMC; 08-05-2022 at 09:03 AM.

Club(s):   (DCF) (DCO) (DCUK)

I consider myself a custodian of all my vintage vehicles. I care for them so the next generation can enjoy them. I would never want anything from my collection to become a shrine and sit and rot away.
    ~LXA~
    Dunmurry | Stuttgart | Leipzig | Munich | Tochigi | Fremont | Bratislava | Sindelfingen | Kansas City | Oakville | Coventry

My VIN:    16506

Club(s):   (DCO) (DCUK)

The Google Maps view shows it under the cover.

... and it is next door to a Volvo dealership. Just find this a tiny bit interesting.
    Last edited by ssdelorean; 08-05-2022 at 10:58 AM.
    Shannon Y
    www.ohiodeloreans.com
    www.facebook.com/ohiodeloreans
    ---
    1st angle drive - 58,027 miles (20 years) -- original
    2nd angle drive - 48,489 miles (21 years) -- original from donor
    3rd angle drive - 26,572 miles (2 years 3 months) -- DMCH
    4th angle drive - 21,988 miles (1 year 11 months) -- DMCH
    5th angle drive - 7,137 miles (10 months 2 days) -- DMCH
    6th angle drive - OVER 113,704 miles and counting (OVER 13 yr 1 month & counting) -- new Martin Gutkowski unit
    over 245K miles

My VIN:    10287

Club(s):   (DMA)

Quote Originally Posted by WHO1DMC View Post
    I find it sad that people have a connection to a loved ones possessions so strongly that they rather watch something rot into the ground than pass off there passion too someone that would keep it alive. I just find this part of people's thought process strange. I know all people grieve different but this I will never understand.
    This car looks too good for that.
    I also don't get the people that hoard cars and let them rot. I've known a few of them myself.

Dave B.
    In my experience understanding the intricacies of K-Jet and the logic of Lotus designed electrical systems is far easier than deciphering most peoples' thought processes and motivations.

For me though if it wasn't for a man who parked his DeLorean in a barn in Marcellus, NY for unknown reasons and left it there I might never have been bitten by the bug and be spending my time on this forum.
    Nick A.

1988 BMW 325is
    1982 DeLorean DMC-12
    1989 Jaguar XJ6

Club(s):   (PNDC)

Quote Originally Posted by ssdelorean View Post
    The Google Maps view shows it under the cover.

... and it is next door to a Volvo dealership. Just find this a tiny bit interesting.
    The car has been there longer than the Volvo dealer.
    Alex Brooks

My VIN:    10757 1st place Concourse 1998

My experience with "abandoned" vehicles is that usually the family (or at least the person who makes the decision) gets bothered by anyone inquiring about the car. Often to the point of rudeness. BUT one day when the time is right they do sell. If you happen to the the lucky person who gets them in that small "window of opportunity" you can often snag a real deal. It takes patience and persistence. Check in on a regular basis (not too often or you become a pest) and offer to help them to get it either going or ready for sale. Try to explain what it is going to take in money and time to get it going again and build a level of trust with the owner. Be prepared to be disappointed when they either sell it to someone else or a family member decides to take it.
    David Teitelbaum

Quote Originally Posted by David T View Post
    My experience with "abandoned" vehicles is that usually the family (or at least the person who makes the decision) gets bothered by anyone inquiring about the car. Often to the point of rudeness. BUT one day when the time is right they do sell. If you happen to the the lucky person who gets them in that small "window of opportunity" you can often snag a real deal. It takes patience and persistence. Check in on a regular basis (not too often or you become a pest) and offer to help them to get it either going or ready for sale. Try to explain what it is going to take in money and time to get it going again and build a level of trust with the owner. Be prepared to be disappointed when they either sell it to someone else or a family member decides to take it.
    This.